Crossbow Nation banner

.001 vs .003 Raven Arrows??

11K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Riflenut 
#1 ·
Has anyone used both and do you see a distinct longer range improvement on the practice range out to say 60-80 yards on grouping accuracy with the .001’s??

#7 ·
These are factory produced arrows and I believe they are Black Eagle arrows. My experience with BEE arrows that are custom builds, spine indexed and build well is that I couldn't tell the difference in the accuracy of a .003 vs a .001.

#8 ·
If your xbow is properly tuned and your arrows are all as matched as possible, weight,spine indexed and FOC equal , then I find no difference between the .003 vs .001 I therefor use .003 arrows that I spine index, match the weights/FOC. New .003 arrows I refletch before shooting. I shoot out to 100 yards for target shooting.

#15 ·
Nice shooting....the added weight of an arrow like a Pile Driver definitely helps with downrange accuracy.. You were very lucky it seems to get some arrows off the shelf that match and group together. Sometimes I'll get 2 or 3 out of a dozen that will match up well. Good job... (y)

#16 ·
As far as Ravin bolts comparing the .001 and .003 bolts. On average you’ll find more .003 bolts that won’t stay with group vs .001s. And this is even after me reindexing and refletching. Just going by the where the bolt hits for poi comparing to many other bolts. Some .003s I have found to be too BAD for taking shots on deer at 50 yards plus. I ha e only found a couple of the .001s that don’t pass muster. All my testing of bolts is with a real good tuned Ravin bow. With a center serving that is CONSISTENTLY holding the nock when bolt is fired. I use same field point. Some minor elevation allowances allowed due to weight variation. How the bolt holds the line in little to no wind scenario is one big thing I look at for a DUD bolt.
My sample size is imo adequate too to give good data. Granted the manufacturing /quality process could change on future bolts bought.

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.