Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of trying these this year out of my Tenpoint Stealth NXT. It shoots a 445 grain arrow at about 380-385 FPS. Has anyone tried these in this setup or a similar one. And if so what were your impressions. I read a couple comments on archery talk that the blades didn't come very sharp. I really like the looks of them and I REALLY like the fact they are a veteran owned and operated company, being an Army retiree I want to support them.

If you tried another version of a SWAT broadhead please feel free to comment also. Does not have to be the X MAG version has long has it came out of a crossbow. Thank you guys for any input.

V/R
Steve

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
There are many fans of these on here it seems. I received a pack of them today in the mail to try out as well. They look good but as mentioned don’t seem to be incredibly sharp. But they do seem sharp enough to do what they need to do.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
I shoot the xbow magnums with my Scorpyd Aculeous 160 and the mini magnums with my Scorpyd Nemesis 140. Both shoot extremely well and do what they are designed to do. Great blood trails.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Rakkin: I now shoot the SWAT Xmag exclusively! The blades seem sharp enough to me and I assure you judging by the bloodtrails I get they sure must be sharp enough. Most deer may make it no more than 35-40 yards with great blood trails. I mean just following the path with a flashlight. I really enjoy that they are veteran owned and employees. I am shooting a Nemesis and have had zero problems with penetration but to this point I have not hit a shoulder going in. With your setup my opinion is you will be alright. Maybe someone else will comment concerning your speed. Good luck and I just can’t say enough good about the Xmag and the company!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I shoot the xmag out of Aculeus and Silver Vent and they shoot great and leave blood trails a blind man can foller

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I shot the Swat A4’s for 2 years and now XMags the last 3. In my eyes after using many top name brand mechanicals I have not found a more lethal Broadhead with total shoot through penetration, massive blood trails and short track jobs then the XMag. Used to be a “Broadhead Junkie” but no more. These Swat Broadheads really do” Drain Your Game” and I’m totally hooked on their “Superior Performance”!!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Are you guys shooting the Chisel Points,or the razor point Xmags? Thinking of trying them out this year. I'm also wanting to try out the 25 grain collars to increase my FOC a bit. I already have several other 100 grain broadheads( mainly Truglo's) and plan on adding the collars to them as well.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Are you guys shooting the Chisel Points,or the razor point Xmags? Thinking of trying them out this year. I'm also wanting to try out the 25 grain collars to increase my FOC a bit. I already have several other 100 grain broadheads( mainly Truglo's) and plan on adding the collars to them as well.
I shoot both. They have same point of impact. I like the chisel points for toughness but the cut on contact X Mag adds 2 more cuts.
I really can’t pick one over the other. I even tried the MOABs they flew great but I just like the X Mags better!

·
Registered
330 Posts
TN: I am using the XMags with the X out tips. I tried the chisel points and they shot great but I just decided that I like the idea of that leading X cut on the X out tips! Having that tip slicing as it goes through can only add to the devastation!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Thanks guys! Have any of you used the collars to add weight?

·
Registered
783 Posts
TNMTNS: I have and the weights seem to break after a couple shots? They will be fine if you just use them as one and done.

Brent: The MOABS have a screw on the side which allows you to unlock the blades so they will free float around bones etc... Plus the MOAB only comes in a chisel point.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Tnmtns, I've been using the Xmags for the last two seasons and really like them. I tried the collar weights and they just didn't spin well at all no matter what I tried. Must have got a bad batch of collars. I need to figure out a way sharpening them, maybe take them apart and use a stay sharp guide on the blades. I really think the chisel point would be fine as the leading cross cut blades are not really sharp anyways.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What’s the difference between the X Mag and the MOAB?
The blades on the MOAB are swept back slightly more, reducing the overall cut by 1/8". They are Chisel tipped and the front blades are able to be fixed or float when they open simply by loosening a screw.

This was a Black Bear two weeks ago with a MOAB . The opposite lung had the same branding mark.

That same night another bear was taken using an X-mag with the same results. Both bears were 30 yard recoveries. The MOAB is reusable, the X-mag went into the ground and slightly bent one rear blade.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I like the XMag’s with the cut on contact tip versus the chisel tip. Since using the A4’s & now these over the last 5 years I can truly say the Swat mechanicals are the best I’ve ever used in my life time of shooting vertical and crossbows period.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I like the XMag’s with the cut on contact tip versus the chisel tip. Since using the A4’s & now these over the last 5 years I can truly say the Swat mechanicals are the best I’ve ever used in my life time of shooting vertical and crossbows period.
Agreed they are the best I have used

1 - 20 of 20 Posts