Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son needs something much better than the standard scope that came with his Barnett Ghost 410 - scope is pretty bad.

While I am kind of a scope geek, he really isn't. But he has a birthday coming up so I should probably fix this for him.

So if you were me & thinking in the "around $100" price range - what do you buy? A Hawke 3X32? Or something else?

He looked through my Excalibur DLX & did say that reticle was about perfect.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts

Call Dave and tell him what you're looking for. He has good deals on "take off" scopes.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Wyvern Crations Ravin Take Off Scope..... X4

Reactions: robertyb and SEW

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had made up my mind to call Dave & order a Ravin scope.........and them read some more about them and found too many not-so-good reviews; poor in low light, failures etc. I guess a 'Take Off' is a taken off for a reason.

Anyway, leaning towards spending a little more & getting him a Hawke XB-1. Looks like with some patience those can be had for around $150 or less (especially if I can find one used).

Good idea or bad?

I've happy with my Excalibur Twilight DLX - and I see those go for about $160 these days - but they are only good for about 410 fps. I misspoke above as his bow is a Ghost 420.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts