Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Perry24, no problem at all. We are all here because we like crossbows and the icing on the cake is there's a lot of nice folks on here as well.
If I offended you or anyone else with my comments, I'm sorry as well. What I might have been better off to say is that often times, it's more the knowledge and capability of the shooter than the cost of the equipment he owns.
Hope you have an awesome day.
Again, I am sorry. I totally misread your comment and feel like a bonehead. I hope I didn't end up on too many ignore lists.

If a mod can delete my post, that would be great.

·
Registered
centerpoint sniper 370
112 Posts
I indexed and refletched some BEEs with Heat vanes a couple of days ago and then recalibrated my HHA Tetra with them.
This afternoon I decided to see how they would do at 100 yards. On my second shot I busted a nock and ruined one of my new BEEs....At a HUNDRED yards!
I think I’m going to like these Heat vanes. 😁
I never thought that I would need to avoid shooting groups at 100 yards in breezy condition.... or any conditions for that matter.
View attachment 197715 View attachment 197716
I indexed and refletched some BEEs with Heat vanes a couple of days ago and then recalibrated my HHA Tetra with them.
This afternoon I decided to see how they would do at 100 yards. On my second shot I busted a nock and ruined one of my new BEEs....At a HUNDRED yards!
I think I’m going to like these Heat vanes. 😁
I never thought that I would need to avoid shooting groups at 100 yards in breezy condition.... or any conditions for that matter.
View attachment 197715 View attachment 197716
HEY! lemme se ya do that again😃

·
10,766 Posts
HEY! lemme se ya do that again😃
Little story ... I have a Remington Varmintmaster .22-250 from the 1970's. Rifle always has shot lights out. I never remember missing a woodchuck out to 400 yards. (long shot back then) Hadn't shot it in about 20 years. Few years ago I took it up to a private range the owner of a premier wildlife management company owns. The guy and his few people are precision "shooters." We're working on different weapon platforms including testing 20ga slug guns, slugs, and even crossbows. I take this .22-250 out of the case, shoot one 53gr reload to check zero at 250 yards. Adjust the 15x Unertl a click or two. I then send two Hornady's down range with the bullet holes literally touching at 250 yards. With Mr. Big sitting on a DOA shooting bench with his Zeiss spotting scope alongside, I pack up the Varmintmaster and put it back in the case. The quizzical, confused look on his face was priceless. I said to him: "it ain't gettin no better den dat." "No sense in going any further." It was obvious he was having a hard time digesting the whole scene. Eventually he just turned back to what he was doing, but it didn't look like he understood, more like he just gave up trying to digest what just happened...lol

Not much different from OP Saved story ... right?...lol ;)

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
"Pride goeth before the fall."

After my near Robin Hood at 100 yards a few days ago my wife had a friend over and seeing my bow target at 100 yards in the backyard she asked, "do you shoot your bow way down there"? I then proudly relayed the story of my near Robin Hood only the day before. This naturally lead to me getting my bow out to demonstrate my great shooting prowess...The first shot hit near near bullseye so on the second shot I decided to shoot at one of the dots on the edge of the target to avoid busting another nock, at which point I proceeded to send an arrow between the target and the target frame into the deep piney woods beyond the target.🥴An audible UT-OH came from my unimpressed audience at the sound of the arrow going through the bushes.😃 The fickle flight of the arrow has humbled me again!

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
M

After my near 100 yard Robin Hood a few days ago my wife had a friend over and seeing my bow target at 100 yards in the backyard she asked, "do you shoot your bow way down there"? I then proudly relayed the story of my near Robin Hood only the day before. This naturally lead to me getting my bow out to demonstrate my great shooting prowess...The first shot hit near near bullseye so on the second shot I decided to shoot at one of the dots on the edge of the target to avoid busting another nock at which point I proceeded to send an arrow between the target and the target frame into the deep piney woods beyond the target.🥴An audible UT-OH came from my unimpressed audience at the sound of the arrow going through the bushes.😃 The fickle flight of the arrow has humbled me again!
Mastery begins with humility:cry:

·
10,766 Posts

After my near 100 yard Robin Hood a few days ago my wife had a friend over and seeing my bow target at 100 yards in the backyard she asked, "do you shoot your bow way down there"? I then proudly relayed the story of my near Robin Hood only the day before. This naturally lead to me getting my bow out to demonstrate my great shooting prowess...The first shot hit near near bullseye so on the second shot I decided to shoot at one of the dots on the edge of the target to avoid busting another nock at which point I proceeded to send an arrow between the target and the target frame into the deep piney woods beyond the target.🥴An audible UT-OH came from my unimpressed audience at the sound of the arrow going through the bushes.😃 The fickle flight of the arrow has humbled me again!
Shoulda ... quit after the first shot. Wasn't getting any better than that. ;)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

After my near Robin Hood at 100 yards a few days ago my wife had a friend over and seeing my bow target at 100 yards in the backyard she asked, "do you shoot your bow way down there"? I then proudly relayed the story of my near Robin Hood only the day before. This naturally lead to me getting my bow out to demonstrate my great shooting prowess...The first shot hit near near bullseye so on the second shot I decided to shoot at one of the dots on the edge of the target to avoid busting another nock, at which point I proceeded to send an arrow between the target and the target frame into the deep piney woods beyond the target.🥴An audible UT-OH came from my unimpressed audience at the sound of the arrow going through the bushes.😃 The fickle flight of the arrow has humbled me again!
My immediate response would have been something like, "Did you feel the wind pick up just as I shot". Or to be more brief "Dang Wind". :sneaky: ;)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Sweet! Well bittersweet anyway. You always hate to ruin an arrow, but sure looks like you are sub MOA. With a good set up shooting at the same spot carries that risk, no matter what the range.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
My immediate response would have been something like, "Did you feel the wind pick up just as I shot". Or to be more brief "Dang Wind". :sneaky: ;)
I didn't say a word. I just put my bow up and made the 100 yard walk of shame to hunt for my wayward arrow. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Could you do it on purpose?
Thats the only way it counts.
I was aiming at the same spot with both arrows when it happened, so yes it was on purpose...just not expected.

And yes, Wis-*******, the arrow was lost.

·
10,766 Posts
Wow, the word *** is blanked out now. Free speech and thought a thing of the past on CBN.
Woke ... running amuck. The speech police morphing into the thought police.

Reactions: Perry24

·
Registered
576 Posts
Wow, the word *** is blanked out now. Free speech and thought a thing of the past on CBN.
I can vaguely remember this happened on another site using the same forum software.
And as it turned out, this hiding of "adult language" was enabled by default, without moderator intention.

·
10,766 Posts
I can vaguely remember this happened on another site using the same forum software.
And as it turned out, this hiding of "adult language" was enabled by default, without moderator intention.
The spell check software sucks too.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Are you using a smartphone ?
I think the "spellchecker" is part of the keyboard emulation. I've seen this cr*p at my wife's phone, and hate it. Another reason I don't have one.
From my PC, I see no spell checker.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Apparently it may be considered offensive by some. That is what I was recently informed by an administrator when I questioned them about it being *** 'd.
I have been a member here for about nine years, with no apparent previous problems with user name. Up until about three months ago, another member mentioned something about the asterisks. I never really noticed it, and that's when I notified administration. They said that it could be offensive to some. Not sure how it shows to you, but when I log on, by my avatar it does state the full user name with info. It only shows *** when someone quotes me. Guess similar to the baseball team Cleveland Indians. or Aunt Jemima pancake syrup. It definitely is getting to be a crazy world. Just to clarify user name, it rhymes with Bedneck.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Your username shows up in your avatar on my end but it's censored in the messages.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: wis-redneck
41 - 60 of 60 Posts