Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have come to the conclusion that I shoot way too much LOL looking to downgrade my 480 aculeus to 160# limbs. I was shooting ssa 455gr bee (including 150gr head). I was always right at m.o.a with them out to 100y. What’s the 100Yards accuracy like with the 160# limbs?

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Thx guys I appreciate the info…. Now I just gota save up 600$ to sent this thing to Jerry lol
WOW that is a ridiculous price for a limb swap !! If that price is legit , shame on you Jerry !!
If it were me I would contact a string builder and have a set of longer string and cables made , 1/4 inch longer .
Or add a 1/16 shim under the back of the limb .
more than one way to slow a bow down and gain limb and serving longevity .

I also need to add , going to 180 deflection limbs is no guaranty they wont crack , it is the total limb flex as to why those limbs are cracking .
so IMO lesson the limb flex on the limbs you have (200 lb deflection ) and they will last a lot longer .
Me personally I would want a robust limb run in reserve than a lighter limb run at close to the max .

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW that is a ridiculous price for a limb swap !! If that price is legit , shame on you Jerry !!
If it were me I would contact a string builder and have a set of longer string and cables made , 1/4 inch longer .

I also need to add , going to 180 deflection limbs is no guaranty they wont crack , it is the total limb flex as to why those limbs are cracking .
so IMO lesson the limb flex on the limbs you have (200 lb deflection ) and they will last a lot longer .
Me personally I would want a robust limb run in reserve than a lighter limb run at close to the max .
That’s shipping cost. Jerry dosent charge a thing

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I’m set on Scorpio though…..hard to dog shit on a bow that prints sub 1.25” 3 shot groups at 110 yards

·
Premium Member
5,941 Posts
Where/how are you shipping for $600 both ways?
I'd like to know that also! Should be able to ship a bow anywhere in the country for between $120 and $140......Round trip!

·
Premium Member
5,941 Posts
Something sounds very wrong with their quote to me. UPS is $70 each way with two day delivery for every bow I have shipped.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts