Crossbow Nation banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
My goal is to help every bow owner get their bow fixed as cheap as possible

Some listen and break their bow Down to save on shipping

Some pay around 50 to 75, some have paid as much as 400.00 to get the bow to me. I have zero control I can only suggest

So no burky He didn't pay 600 to have limbs changed. But shipping to me shipping back to him, limbs, string and cables and my labor charge could have been that much
In regards to this 600$ shipping…to me if I’m shipping out a bow from ny to Florida I’m getting all new everything on it which basically equates to $600ish…..The first time I shipped the tremor back I dropped just under500$ shipped in a gigantic box after buying a box and bubble wraps and peanuts to accommodate the 15year old bottle of scotch whiskey I stashed in their for you.
Would it be cheaper than that without the stock and “hidden treasures” in the box….absolutely.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
My goal is to help every bow owner get their bow fixed as cheap as possible

Some listen and break their bow Down to save on shipping

Some pay around 50 to 75, some have paid as much as 400.00 to get the bow to me. I have zero control I can only suggest

So no burky He didn't pay 600 to have limbs changed. But shipping to me shipping back to him, limbs, string and cables and my labor charge could have been that much
The big problem here is the shipping , just think if Scorpyd would sell the limbs to a guy able to change his own !!
but they will not , so IMO $600 for a limb swap is going to send people in a diff direction !!
No way in heck would i pay for that !!

·
Retired
1,978 Posts
The big problem here is the shipping , just think if Scorpyd would sell the limbs to a guy able to change his own !!
but they will not , so IMO $600 for a limb swap is going to send people in a diff direction !!
No way in heck would i pay for that !!
The discussion about parts is dead, it's not going to happen and frankly I don't understand why people continually bring it up. Especially to me because all I do is fix bows

Again if scorpyd owners will take my advice shipping will be 150 or less both ways.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Personally I believe if they want to sell bows with a warranty, after one honors them and puts their cash out to support them, the honorable thing to do is bear the total cost of their own failure! The companies I choose to support does that very thing, and just being honest, go so far as to replace any consumables along with the items that failed,,,, all on their dollar!

I mean any honorable company I support does that very thing! But that means I wiped my hands of Scorpyd years ago, when I came to the realization that they just aint the industry leaders they wished they were!

Reactions: burky247365

·
Retired
1,978 Posts
Personally I believe if they want to sell bows with a warranty, after one honors them and puts their cash out to support them, the honorable thing to do is bear the total cost of their own failure! The companies I choose to support does that very thing, and just being honest, go so far as to replace any consumables along with the items that failed,,,, all on their dollar!

I mean any honorable company I support does that very thing! But that means I wiped my hands of Scorpyd years ago, when I came to the realization that they just aint the industry leaders they wished they were!
For every company that provides return shipping for warranty work there are 10 that don't.

As costs continue to rise I would bet fewer and fewer companies are going to cover return shipping

Just this last weekend I went to best buy and bought a product. When I got home I found it didn't work so I loaded my butt up went back and got a refund then bought a different model. Not one single time did I think best buy was dishonorable for not covering the fuel and my time to make a second trip.

You want to talk about dishonorable, before I started doing scorpyds warranty repairs around 85% of those repairs we charged back to scorpyd as warranty

Since I have been doing the repairs 85% if not more are non warranty

Sadly the country is full of dishonorable dealers. If anyone wants to place blame for customers having to send bows to me for repair blame the X dealer network

·
Retired
1,978 Posts
Sounds to me like when Jerry retires Scorpyd will be in a world of hurt.... He may be the only thing keeping them going now...
They have an absolute ton of business of which bows are only part of the mix

As I see it is from discussions with them they are very happy with where scorpyd is right now.

·
Premium Member
5,941 Posts
Something new in a smaller package would be right down my alley, but just not counting on it. I'm over the speed stuff to, just a solid 400 fps and scaled down would be perfect!

Oh and made out of aluminum.....

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
As far as shipping, if Scorpyd would offer a rate to ship both ways it would help.The commercial rate is ridiculously low compared to residential/private rate.
Yeah, the parts purchase thing is dead, but it will never be gone.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts