Crossbow Nation banner

160# aculeus accuracy?

3K views 50 replies 13 participants last post by  dryforkbrady 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I have come to the conclusion that I shoot way too much LOL looking to downgrade my 480 aculeus to 160# limbs. I was shooting ssa 455gr bee (including 150gr head). I was always right at m.o.a with them out to 100y. What’s the 100Yards accuracy like with the 160# limbs?

#8 ·
WOW that is a ridiculous price for a limb swap !! If that price is legit , shame on you Jerry !!
If it were me I would contact a string builder and have a set of longer string and cables made , 1/4 inch longer .
Or add a 1/16 shim under the back of the limb .
more than one way to slow a bow down and gain limb and serving longevity .

I also need to add , going to 180 deflection limbs is no guaranty they wont crack , it is the total limb flex as to why those limbs are cracking .
so IMO lesson the limb flex on the limbs you have (200 lb deflection ) and they will last a lot longer .
Me personally I would want a robust limb run in reserve than a lighter limb run at close to the max .

#26 ·
Listen to Tim,,, burky247365,,, the man has corrected more Scorpyds in ways they won't that have proven to make them a better bow than anyone, like I said even Scorpyd, it's not conducive to there sales strategy! He speaks from experience not he said she said!

Better accuracy, longer string and serving life, easier on the limbs and probably quieter and smoother shooting. Not one thing putting lighter limbs and not correcting everything else will do! Suite youself, but Tim has fixed a few Scorpyds as they came from the factory with not one person having a complaint.

But, how can you even think 6 bills is legitimate shipping, I had a car delivered from out of state over 400 miles and it only cost me 250 bucks.

#30 ·
Yes I would stick with the 200 lb deflection limbs and let the bow out 1/4 inch .
I would get ahold of Tim , at Americas best bowstrings and tell him you want a set of string and cables 1/4 inch longer for your model Scorpyd bow .
he will fix you up !!
I would also suggest the premium set from them .

#44 ·
Personally I believe if they want to sell bows with a warranty, after one honors them and puts their cash out to support them, the honorable thing to do is bear the total cost of their own failure! The companies I choose to support does that very thing, and just being honest, go so far as to replace any consumables along with the items that failed,,,, all on their dollar!

I mean any honorable company I support does that very thing! But that means I wiped my hands of Scorpyd years ago, when I came to the realization that they just aint the industry leaders they wished they were!

Reactions: burky247365
#45 ·
For every company that provides return shipping for warranty work there are 10 that don't.

As costs continue to rise I would bet fewer and fewer companies are going to cover return shipping

Just this last weekend I went to best buy and bought a product. When I got home I found it didn't work so I loaded my butt up went back and got a refund then bought a different model. Not one single time did I think best buy was dishonorable for not covering the fuel and my time to make a second trip.

You want to talk about dishonorable, before I started doing scorpyds warranty repairs around 85% of those repairs we charged back to scorpyd as warranty

Since I have been doing the repairs 85% if not more are non warranty

Sadly the country is full of dishonorable dealers. If anyone wants to place blame for customers having to send bows to me for repair blame the X dealer network

#50 ·
Something new in a smaller package would be right down my alley, but just not counting on it. I'm over the speed stuff to, just a solid 400 fps and scaled down would be perfect!

Oh and made out of aluminum.....

#51 ·
As far as shipping, if Scorpyd would offer a rate to ship both ways it would help.The commercial rate is ridiculously low compared to residential/private rate.
Yeah, the parts purchase thing is dead, but it will never be gone.

Reactions: burky247365
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.