Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a vortex, going to have wyvern do the black woodgrain on it.
Does anyone know if I can shoot a diablo from it? I know it has a 15 inch draw with 36" limbs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I believe the 18” Diablos are too small and light for the Vortex. I shoot the 20” Firebolts and would NOT take the risk in shooting the Diablos for the sake of maintaining the bow’s integrity.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Has nothing to do with weight.... Firebolts, Diablos, and Quills all weight the same 350gr with 100gr tips.

The reason you don't want to use the 18" Diablos in a Vortex is because they are short enough to allow you to place your foot in the stirrup, and things get exciting really quick if you go to decock and forget to remove the shorter arrow. And broadhead clearance can be an issue too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has nothing to do with weight.... Firebolts, Diablos, and Quills all weight the same 350gr with 100gr tips.

The reason you don't want to use the 18" Diablos in a Vortex is because they are short enough to allow you to place your foot in the stirrup, and things get exciting really quick if you go to decock and forget to remove the shorter arrow. And broadhead clearance can be an issue too.
Yes I was just wondering if an 18" diablo would even clear the rail to shoot targets. I shoot 400 grain diablos. I have 100 of them lol. Guess I'll buy more firebolts. Thx

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You won't know for sure until you lay one on the rail and see how it fits. I cut my arrows to 17 inches for my Matrix 330 and my Grizzly. I just don't like the broadheads sticking out past the stirrup.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yes I was just wondering if an 18" diablo would even clear the rail to shoot targets. I shoot 400 grain diablos. I have 100 of them lol. Guess I'll buy more firebolts. Thx
You can definitely shoot field tips on your Diablos in the Vortex. The front of the arrow will likely end right in the riser cutout. Just don't blame anyone but yourself if you shove one through your foot. 😬

Reactions: dynamo61
1 - 9 of 9 Posts