Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot a Phoenix today while looking at X bow as well as a Phantom an TL 7.
The Phoenix the epitome of simplicity and shot great. Not in the market for a new bow but it may just join my growing collection.
The half trigger guard on the TL kept banging my finder with each shot. As for the Phantom, too many noisy safeties. One above the trigger another on the forearm. I realize it's a litigious society but that's one safety too many for me.
Neither trigger was as goo as the Excal's.

·
821 Posts
Nice looking bow. Have been seriously considering getting a Phoenix, myself. Want to shoot targets with it. Much good luck with her. :confused:

·
Banned
364 Posts
Sexy looking little bitch. Loks like she might give you a good time. Going to be a fun little "sweet thang" to play with.

Isn't strange how they can be so alluring that you have to bring them home ? Even if it means your wife gets angry and might be jealous :confused:

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem that way Griz, I compensate by buying her jewelry.
I get what I want, she gets hers and we're both happy. I'm ahead in the deal, but that's my take.

·
11,432 Posts
Lot's of reflection off that Barska holo

sight.

I ordered a Phoenix for a friend of mine and it is a sweet bow but I still like the 200 lb draw Vortex better BUT with recent back problems I did have to install a Accu Draw on it. I can rope cock all the other crossbows but the Vortex. This bow "slings" the crap out of heavy (482 grain) arrows with fantastic accuracy.

Attachments

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GYZombie
It's a super hi tech, hight speed cheekrest...would you believe a piece of 1" (inside diameter) foam pipe insulation? Kept in place with two faced carpet tape. Works great. I use one on all three of my bows.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Lot's of reflection off that Barska holo." I would be surprised if there were less. Clear cloudless day, sun right overhead. But it works well. And for less than $70.
My Vortex is for hunting , and my Cyclone. This one is for fun shooting, Moon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts