Crossbow Nation banner

221 - 240 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Harvested my first tom, and with a Parker Concord crossbow. Quite a rush.
Congrats! I've forgot a lot of stuff over the years but I remember that first gobbler like it was just this morning. Don't recall much else about 1981 but I still got that hunt.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Great trophy with a crossbow. I chased them for a week and snuck a bullet in between 2 branches at about 95 yards . That is a real accomplishment getting close enough for x bow

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Sunday Morning,
headed to my hunting camper, not for a hunt but to check and make sure everything is ok there. Had not been there in a while due to medical issues. Upon arrival I saw a coyote in the deep brush chasing a small animal. I set up to see if the coyote would answer a call. After calling for a few minutes, the coyote stopped in a small clearing over 40 yards away. No matter how I called, the coyote would not come closer for my crossbow. I finally realized the coyote was feasting on the small animal of some kind. I said, What the heck; it's a coyote; take the shot. I aimed about 3 inches above the coyote's shoulder and fired. I heard the swack, and pretty much to my surprise, the coyote fell backwards in place and was done. The coyote was found to be a med-sized male in good shape. Just for the heck, I stepped off the distance of the shot: 48 yards.
CAMX, Slick Trick 125 mag, Lumenox, Accuspine, Duel predator calls.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10215248113270984&set=pcb.1019226005177036&type=3&ifg=1&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARD3CXRHEzZBhDeAVoURpizOs2QQUbNXxShEPHktsZ_W7AqanxwmzhxW8ws4eihByfPVAXhm_zOD6p3B

·
Registered
28 Posts
I joined the Nation last year after failing to draw my compound after shoulder surgery and arthritis took over. after After 3 years of hunting at my buddy's place, I saw my first mature buck that was within xbow distance. He was an absolute toad and one that my buddy knew very well. I doubt I'll ever see one like that again, but I'll be out again this year spending time culling does and looking for another beast. Since then, I've gotten 3 other close friends into the xbow game and they have all said "why didn't I make the switch sooner?!"

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
You are so fortunate to have taken such a awesome beast. Crossbows are a man's best friend!

·
Registered
28 Posts
You are so fortunate to have taken such a awesome beast. Crossbows are a man's best friend!
Honestly, I've resisted posting anywhere because I'm truly humbled by the experience of taking such an incredible animal.
As a point of reference, I took it with my MXB 360 and Spynal Tap bolts with a Rage mechanical broadhead.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I joined the Nation last year after failing to draw my compound after shoulder surgery and arthritis took over. after After 3 years of hunting at my buddy's place, I saw my first mature buck that was within xbow distance. He was an absolute toad and one that my buddy knew very well. I doubt I'll ever see one like that again, but I'll be out again this year spending time culling does and looking for another beast. Since then, I've gotten 3 other close friends into the xbow game and they have all said "why didn't I make the switch sooner?!"
View attachment 184065
That’s a buck of a lifetime.

221 - 240 of 281 Posts