Crossbow Nation banner

241 - 260 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Tonight got my first deer kill using the tactacam and also my first using the 308 Short.

Played around with some more video editing apps and was able to get the slomo replay added at the end.

She only went 50yds, 60 tops before expiring.Was using my primos trigger stick modified with a compact tripod on the bottom to hold steady.

·
Registered
13 Posts
First blood for the new Viper. 1 1/2 yo doe Sunday morning from a ground blind. Using the centerpunch with lighted nock, tipped with a G5 100 grain Montec. 18 yards facing me, confidence from practicing with the Viper allowed me to put one right thru the throat. Watched her fall after 40 yard death run. Filmed with Tactacam 5.0. Will try and post vid when I get home in the morn. Passed on a big fat doe opening morn. (Sat.) because she had a spotted fawn with her.
jk

·
Registered
206 Posts
My son's first deer this year. Not a great pic, but it was a buck with three points on one side and a long spike on the other. His CP Tormentor has a splinter in the limb and he was using my Sniper with Bloodsport Witness and 100 gn Muzzy Trocar HBX hybrid at eighteen yards. Once he got down and found the arrow and some blood, he went back to his house and brought his 5 month old Bluetick hound. Once he showed him the blood, he claimed the pup took him straight to the deer, about eighty yards. He had him on a twenty foot lead and just followed the puppy to the deer. I think he was more proud of the dog than getting another deer.

241 - 260 of 281 Posts