Crossbow Nation banner

301 - 320 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Tundra; Sniper 370: BEEs, Hawke IR
17 Posts
First buck I have seen in 10 years! First season Xbow hunting and my first buck with my Sniper 370; Hawke IR scope; BEEs with Rage X broad heads PA typical buck came directly under my stand at 6:15 am after two grunts from my call. He looked up at me and then turned away and went 20 feet stopped and fell there . Stopping power of this Xbow is amazing as I did the same with a doe in Ohio early in the season. Thank you CBN for getting me into this new sport! I like this better than rifle season View attachment 186807 View attachment 186808
My dad was put into the same stand that I used and I was surprised when he showed me another buck from the same stand and bigger. 17 3/4” inside spread A big buck for PA. Proud that my dad at 86 still climbs trees and hunts.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
That is awesome!! Glad you are still getting to hunt with him. Tell him congrats on a fine deer!!!!!!

·
Registered
Excalibur Vortex, Excalibur Matrix 355, Tenpoint Shadow Ultra Lite
25 Posts
Got my personal best this year 11/11/20 on my property in Maryland with my Excalibur Vortex, I’ve been a compound bow hunter for 17 years and a crossbow hunter for the past 6 years. Couldn’t be happier, shot the buck using 20” black eagle executioner with a 125 grain slick trick he maybe made it 50-60 yards.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Got my personal best this year 11/11/20 on my property in Maryland with my Excalibur Vortex, I’ve been a compound bow hunter for 17 years and a crossbow hunter for the past 6 years. Couldn’t be happier, shot the buck using 20” black eagle executioner with a 125 grain slick trick he maybe made it 50-60 yards.
View attachment 188659
Awesome!!! Heck of a deer for sure!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I shot a spike this evening. First blood with a crossbow. He came in to a short grunt. Snuck in on my right, then turned to go behind me so I shot him left handed at 22 yards. He ran 35 yards and crashed.
I bite shooting left shouldered! I did manage to take a deer once with a smoke pole left shoulder at 6 yards, any further I would have probably missed lol
Good shootin!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Suburban Ga Buck taken Dec 13 with Excalibur micro 355 and 150 grain slick trick. Not the biggest exit wound, had a better hole with a magnus buzz cut on a doe a few weeks prior. Ran about 50 yds before taking a dirt nap. Did all sausage with this one and ended up with 40 lbs of goodness.

Attachments

301 - 320 of 338 Posts