·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Congrats B! Nice buck!

Reactions: HunterB

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Awesome score and a impressive mule deer. That is a massive rack! I'll be out there in Unit 28 Nov. 13-22 for a gun hunt. Can't wait.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Beautiful buck, congrats. I love hunting Mule deer. Did you get him spot and stalk or from a blind?
I have not eaten elk but mule deer is the best eaten meat I've had to date vs white tail. Same complain of sage but I've noticed it and I live in Bama. To me if you age it a good 5-6 days on ice it's like eating beef. Rump roast and back straps seared on a iron skillet is off the chain good.

·
Registered
13,759 Posts
Yea, we have a very liberal limit here (2 bucks and 10 does) but we don't usually get shots at deer the size that you just killed. Congrats on a great buck. :) With a one deer limit does this mean your season is over or do you hunt other states?

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Look at the hoofs on that deer. Huge!

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Yea, we have a very liberal limit here (2 bucks and 10 does) but we don't usually get shots at deer the size that you just killed. Congrats on a great buck. :) With a one deer limit does this mean your season is over or do you hunt other states?
Bama is 3 bucks 3 doe.

Reactions: Gabowman

·
Registered
13,759 Posts
I wished our limits were like yours. 10 does is plain stupid. People from out-of-state kill every thing they see. I guess with those high leases they pay they feel obligated to do so. Dunno…….:(

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hunt other states .

·
Registered
971 Posts
Fantastic looking mulie. Congrats! I guess the grass is always greener on the other side... I’d love to see A mule deer in my crosshairs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts