Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys been able to check out the 2019 lineup from Ravin yet?

We were able to check them out at the ATA show in Louisville a few weeks back. Ended up ordering 10 of each to carry in our shop. We are excited to get them on the range and see what all the hype is about. Just holding them it was a noticeable difference in balance, weight, and obviously length. We are ready to find out the difference in performance if any.

2 crossbows released this year (2019)
Ravin R26
Ravin R29

·
Registered
830 Posts
I heard about them, sounds like a nice family of bows.

I just can't get the Scorpyd Nemesis off my mind. Super fast, well balanced, and trigger design second to none. Did you see this one while at the show?

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We got stuck in a few meetings and a winter storm so we didn't get to spend as much time as we wanted to look around, but you are right about the Scorpyd. Mission has a ton of hype around it right now. Even seen some great looking Excalibur's coming out this year. Even Tenpoint has a crossbow coming out that is advertised as 470FPS. INSANE!!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Certainly agree with INSANITY!! The cost has gotten to >$4 for every fps. Sure could not afford a rifle at those prices.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha... so true @Generator . We get ridiculed daily by the customers coming into the shop and getting blown away at the price tag on some of the new crossbows and compounds alike. So much so we now offer a six-month payment plan to help people out. Hunting has always been an expensive sport, but when it takes upwards of a quarter million dollars just to stock new gear it can be a HUGE upfront risk for small outfits trying to make a simple living. I got 10 of each R26 and R29 from Ravin and got the hell outta there before they took my house, truck, and whatever else lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts