Crossbow Nation banner

2020 ATA Barnett Xbows

5K views 41 replies 7 participants last post by  TomOnTheRun 
#1 ·

#3 ·
Killer pricing for all Barnett Xbows. HyperTak410 pricing is a positive head turner at $799. Wow!

Pricing gets crazy good for all other Xbows.

Impressed.

Bunnyrabbit there is one in there I feel is made for you. :cool:
I have been following a long what has been coming from the ATA show. When a crossbow is narrowed down and shorter limbs installed (not a reverse design) this seriously limits a crossbow for speed when target shooting.

If Barnett would have built a crossbow similar to the Ghost 410 which has the wide riser and 12 1/2" limbs but using anything other than the Carbonite riser, they would have had a high quality crossbow which could be tuned for speed resulting in the flat trajectory required for long distance target shooting. The Carbonite riser is a very nice looking design but it does not stand up to any twisting or vibration.

All the best.

#4 ·
The HyperTak 410 is pretty cool price point package. Look forward to more details on that one. However, I have consider he skinny arrow limitation. However, I've read the arrows are high quality.

Reactions: Mudslinger
#9 ·
When do newly announced crossbows from Barnett typically become available for purchase?
One would think "New for 2020" would have been announced in mid or late 2019.

#10 ·
I don't follow you last comment? Can you share more details? I don't remember seeing anything from Barnett unit the ATA. They kept these new models a secret.

I know the 2020 TS380 is now listed on Barnett's website.

#19 ·
Here are the TS380 specs on Barnett's website. MSRP $549
TS380
Be the first to review this product
SPECS
Dimensions 32.375"L x 18.75"W
Weight 6.9 lbs.
Axle to Axle (in) 16.75
Draw Weight (lbs) 201
Kinetic Energy (ft lbs) 122
Power Stroke (in) 12.625
Speed (fps)* 380
Trigger Type TriggerTech
Camo Pattern: Digital Grey

Reactions: StriperT
#21 ·
As nice as some of these new Xbows look I just purchased another TS370 as a gift for a special friend. He's going to be surprised. I'm going to dial everything in for him. He had a 2009 Barnet Quad 400. Man, that Xbow is huge! It's been down for quite some time because of broken bow string. I plan to restring that Xbow as well.

I don't know the future of the TS370 but sure glade I have mine. If I was to buy another Barnett it would be the TS380 or the Explorer 400. Barnett's rail stock is second to no one and they seem to have the smaller detail things figured out with their compound and STR risers.

#25 ·
Here is some information on the following Barnett TS series crossbows:
TS370 187 limbs, axle to axle uncocked 16.75" 370 FPS with 380 grain arrow-point combination. Power stroke 12.556"

TS380 201 limbs, axle to axle uncocked 16.75" 380 FPS with 380 grain arrow-point combination. Power stroke 12.625"

TS390 187 limbs, axle to axle uncocked 16.75" 390 FPS with 380 grain arrow-point combination. Power stroke 15"

Narrowing the axle to axle and shortening the limbs is where these crossbows are limited for speed. Their width is ideal for hunting out of a blind or tree stand.

All the best.

#29 ·
Bunnyrabbit, Your data is accurate per Barnett's website but I think Barnett's specs are not correct for the TS390. That is what B Cross told me in the past. I measured mine and I think it was 17.5inches.

HunterThompson or anyone else can you can measure your TS390 ATA uncocked to confirm?

#35 ·
I see a couple of possibilities:
1)adding to the limb length would increase axle to axle measurement and increase speed. Originally the Ghost series used 12 1/2" then later cut to 11" with a narrower riser which limited speed. This narrowed the crossbow for hunting in a blind etc.
2)the Ghost series ran 185 draw weight limbs. Maybe now either another company is building the limbs or use of more accurate measurements for measuring draw weight.

All the best.

#38 ·
HunterThompson, you got a fast shooter in that TS390. I should have never got rid of it for the RDX-400. Lesson learned.

That Xbow can shoot a 400 grain arrow in the 390's easily. You'd have to advanced the cam a bit but not much. Eliminate downward bow string pressure and that setup will be supreme.

#39 ·
Tom, getting into xbows this last year has really kickstarted my hunting drive again. Season just ended and I cannot wait for it to open again. There are pigs in southern Mo. but locating a place to hunt them is tough. Got some feelers out and am hopeful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.