Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
weight also cought my eye, altho doubtly never can afford that, being short should make it balanced but still few pounds too many to carry around easy

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Looks like they fixed the Nemesis and that's about it. With all the secrecy surrounding this release, I was expecting more than just a tweak.

The 470 fps with a 370 gr arrow is typical now a days, with most. Who actually hunts that light?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dont know how much the crank weighs, but by the time you add that, along with the scope and sling, it would be close to the weight of my old slp165, which is the only scorpyd ive owned, and always thought it was heavy and is very noticeable on long walks to my stand. I was hoping it would be the weight of the deathstalker but smaller.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Dont know how much the crank weighs, but by the time you add that, along with the scope and sling, it would be close to the weight of my old slp165, which is the only scorpyd ive owned, and always thought it was heavy and is very noticeable on long walks to my stand. I was hoping it would be the weight of the deathstalker but smaller.
Probably be close to 11 lbs dressed out, just a guess. That's about what my Nemesis weighs.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Guys, the bow is heavier because they went with a more stout riser and barrel, i bet it will not flex like the nemesis did.
IMO, they built a more heavy duty bow this time compared to the nemesis.
Looks like they fixed the limb pocket area too, the only thing i would have liked them to add would be fully enclosed limb caps like burky makes.
I think they did a good job, not earth shattering but it should be a nice reliable bow.
As far as weight goes, if you want light you go the deathstalker route IMO.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Scorpyd bows shoot very well and have great balance, but their width can be annoying in tight quarters and their weight becomes a big drawback when you start looking at what the competition offers. There's something to be said about a light and narrow bow that slings a hunting arrow in the neighbor of 425-435fps and doesn't need to be shot at the end of each hunt with a discharge arrow or into a target. I got tired of lugging a target around at the truck every time I went hunting. I also experienced the difference it makes carrying around a bow that's a few lbs lighter. I'm hoping they go this direction next year. If they do, I'm a buyer. That said, I'm sure it'll be an accurate bow and being a quasi Nemesis redo, I'm sure they've addressed the old Nemesis issues. (y)

·
Registered
234 Posts
So, basically a re-release of the Nemesis as it should have been originally.
Which is fine by me.
This is the reason I NEVER buy new releases.

I wait for the lab rats to find the problems (if any) and then I buy.
Hope this one works out because I would like to buy it.

·
Registered
Deathstalker 380 Spynal Tapps Rage Hypodermics
244 Posts
Probably a great bow...but I'll keep my Deathstalker. IMO, Tenpoint, Ravin, and the Killer Instinct X1 are running away from Scorpyd. While Scorpyd claims they want to be a " nitch" bow, they are quickly falling behind in the " nitch " that they are known for...SPEED. I'm not a speed freak at all...My Deathstalker 380 is plenty fast for me. The compactness, speed, accuracy, and Shootability of the new Tenpoints, Ravins, and X1 has me actually looking at them....

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,613 Posts
Yes, it's the Nemesis in my eyes but with upgrades. It's not worth the money for me to get one right now. My Nemesis is behaving like it should. If I were to get the Tremor it would be downgrading for me. I have my Nemesis shooting great and no issues with serving wear.
I'm happy that Scorpyd was able to issue a new bow that will appeal to the market now. I think it's a damn good bow ! It's using the same limbs as the Nemesis just fastened to the riser the old fashioned way.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
I think they did a good job on this bow !!!
The cam design to lessen string angle is well thought out , , they went to the older system of limb mounting with the Nemesis limb rockers , which is good , if they fit snug and no up and down movement , basically a Nemesis with a one piece riser , new cams and they did a cross breed in the limb pockets and limb rockers .
Should be a dependable bow from what i see !!!

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,613 Posts
Seems like a nice bow for those who can cock it by hand.
I’ll pass on it due to the TP Accu draw, I was hopeful it would have Dorges detachable Aerocrank.
I would think it's really easy to cock this bow. Wait until someone gets one and get their feedback on it. Maybe you won't need a crank ...

·
Registered
526 Posts
well is basically goes up against the Tenpoint vapor 470 but with out the accuslide and 1000.00 cheaper if i read the price right. I like it.

My guess....,..this is again the slow model likely. By the looks of that riser they have lots of room to go up. I think they did a good job.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts