Crossbow Nation banner

2022 release time line

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  ut1031 
#1 ·
Anyone got any updates when the new merchandise will be available ?

#3 · (Edited)
bunnyrabbit,
Have you personally owned a KI xbow, specifically a SWAT series?

Having shot SWATs almost exclusively for >4 years, none detuned, and for easily a combined >5,000 shots, likely a combined >1,000 hours cocked and never a limb hickup!

The local dealers around here have had a lot more limb breakages with the higher speed Ten Points, Sub-1 XR, Ravins, and an incredible # of Excaliburs (before the newly designed limbs). I had 3 of my 4 ((3 Matrix, 1 Bulldog) Excaliburs with limb breakages. Even then, I didn’t go on their forums and start making posts. Yet, KI seems to become the worst brand ever!

This board would be a lot more credible if people with actual experience with the actual crossbows were the ones actually giving advice. Even then, prudence would be in order. I spent 3 weeks with a RS 470 (to give a review) & couldn’t keep it in time for even 100 shots nor could Iron Duke, changed S&Cs with the same results & never was even within 20’/sec of claimed velocity (at first it was 35’/sec slow) while using the same wt arrow used to get the “470”! At that time, both previous 470s that had been sold by that dealer were returned with broken limbs and the Stealth that came in the box with a broken limb. Similar breakages were occurring with Sub-1 XRs and an untold # of Matrix, Micros and BDs as well as Ravins.

Granted that a # of early XPs were sent out way too hot and had a higher failure rate. That particular SWAT has cams that do stress the limbs. Early failure rate was well over 10%, while the latter 2/3s of the total sold were about 10% which is around industry average for the faster crossbows (but not the fastest - which has a higher %age even yet).

There just seems to be a # of people coming onto the KI forum giving advice about something they’ve never experienced.

#8 ·
To no one in particular:
Yah, seems like an awful lot of gossipy old ladies bumpin their gums about somethin they heard and not experienced, and whose only information is secondhand hearsay from OTHER old ladies bumpin THEIR gums, and whose only qualification is that they have access to a keyboard. Sick of it, and the exact reason I put these magpies on "ignore" when they keep on beating that same old drum, imagining their secondhand posts make them sound informed or relevant. If ya don't KNOW FROM REAL, PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, do everyone a favor and stop spreading manure. 🤬🤢🤮

#4 ·
I shoot my X1 almost every day, weather dependent. I did experience a limb issue back in September, and KI replaced the limbs and was back hunting in October. I have hundreds of shots on this set with no issues. Currently I am using a custom string/cable set made by a member on here and they have been amazing. This little bow is simply amazing and latest change is a 3d printed pistol grip that is almost vertical(5 degree).
I would not hesitate to buy another one and probably will for my wife.

#5 ·
Personally I don't have a problem with mine, but not everyone is in the SWAT circles of wealth. My Ripper is detuned by using heavier arrows and heads, but I really wanted to by a Fatal X this past year. Between string issues and limb issue reports on it, not to mention a full on machining run to make them reliable, I chose not to purchase one. My humble opinion is that KI needs to clean up the issues they have for 2022 and worry about new products next year. I love KI and their service but not even the centerpoint guys are laughing. They could sell the revised models as a new version, but fixes are needed none the less.

#6 ·
I'm not as experienced as many of you, but based on reports of his forum, there are above avg.(?) Prob with limbs etc. People like to report others have had abnormal issues too (excalibur) BUT they fixed it with redesigned limbs etc. What is ki doing? I get the feeling from some responses they think there is no problem. Please convince me, I want one of the fatal x or swats, but don't want to "take a chance"

#13 ·
I own plenty of KI bows and only ever had an issue with one a Furious pro 9.5 that would eat strings as fast as you put them on I contacted KI and my issue was resolved quickly the majority of I have a broken limb or other issues can be tracked down to user error or lack of maintenance.

Attachments

#16 ·
Awesome news SEW. I plan to buy an additional X1 (maybe v2.0?) when they come out. I just love this little bow for my type of hunting. I put in many miles in rough terrain mule deer and elk hunting. Anybody that crossbow hunts knows that crossbows can be cumbersome and hard to carry. The little X1 reduces those undesireable qualities, plus it is just so easy to cock and such a smooth and accurate shooter.
I killed a deer while sitting on the ground last season with my X1. I had a second tag to fill and more deer were coming. Without getting up, and without spooking the additional animals I rope cocked and reloaded my X1... and filled my second tag.
Just a great little platform that offers quietness, smoothness, speed, and accuracy.

#17 ·
There are those who want to shoot fixed BHs. Archer’s Paradox (the whipping of the arrow during launch) is virtually eliminated with the enclosed barrel of the SWAT series of crossbows. Therefore, the fixed blades of the broadhead are not biting into the air, back and forth, which leads to broadhead and field point impacts to differ.

Additionally, this lack of oscillations increases accuracy. And another plus is that spine matching and spine indexing become much less important. Accuracy with field points and expandibles is enhanced with the enclosed barrel while the accuracy with fixed BHs is greatly enhanced with the enclosed barrel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.