Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
Ed, Is that the real story or what? I also received this photo too, along with a few of my other buds. Every story has been different that I've heard. I heard it was hit by a car, and then I heard it was shot. I heard it came from the next town over from where I live, and then I heard it came from Cincinnati. In any case, the deer has never showed up in any of the media, and there is never a picture with the hunter. Make me wonder what the real story is.:cheers2:

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
That picture is of the Amish Buck killed by John Schmucker. It had 36 score able points. It was taken by crossbow on the opening day of archery season in 2006 in Adams county Ohio. I believe it is currently #2 for non typical record in the state. Second only to the Beatty Buck which recently got put into the Pope & Young books as the new world record.

A lot of misinformation has been spread about the Amish Buck also called the Amish Lucky Buck. The reason for all the hype and lies is because of Mr Schmucker's religion. He refused to pose for cameras and any publicity information at all. This opened the doors for the mystery makers to say whatever they wanted about the deer since it was not well documented. The deer was not hit by a car. It was not a kennel raised pet. It was not "Lucky" and it certainly was not a cage hunt. This was a free range deer shot over a bean field and Mr. Schumucker did his homework. He had patterned the deer for several years prior to shooting it.

The Beatty Buck on the other hand was well documented. He went public very quickly and accepted the spotlight. Thus preventing all the rumors and mystery. Otherwise his deer would probably have been victim to the same crap.

Please ignore these facts however! Everyone should continue to hunt in Illinois the deer are much larger there :banghead:

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more pics of big buck taken with crossbow

more pics of ohio big buck taken with crossbows..
The huge buck's green score was 304 gross and with deductions scored a 294-7/8. The inside spread was 24 inches as confirmed by the Ohio Department of Wildlife.
Let the little /young bucks grow to maturity,,,if you must shoot a deer shoot a doe to eat.
http://www.lucky-buck.com/ Fantastic product..smells like apples works fast.I just got 2 20 pound buckets and they hit it fast.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts