Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
Alright guys, I鈥檒l have mine done by this weekend. I鈥檒l do it tomorrow if I鈥檓 not dog tired after work, lol. Wait a minute I鈥檓 at the age where you don鈥檛 have to do anything to get tired,馃槀

Registered
I鈥檇 say your good Jim. Did you actually mic the electrical tape roll?
Took a set of calibers to the inside of one. 馃ぃ And....I knew I had to have a cap out in the garage the right size if I looked hard enough...not WD40 can but same size... from a can of battery cleaner. 1.35"

Registered
I wonder if I can get away with using an old LP instead of CD and maybe a CD instead of the WD40 cap? :p Might just fool some of the 鈥渕ature鈥 eyes sround here. :D

Registered
Axe Micro/Matrix Hybrid
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
Just realized, I don't have any of the WD40 caps around because the only kind of WD40 cans I buy are the ones with the "smart straw". Anyone know the actual diameter you guys are getting from the WD40 caps?

CD's / DVD's I have...
Should have put the measurments in from the get go ,,,the WD 40 cap template makes a circle with an internal diameter of 1"3/8 ( 35 mm ),,,,,,,The CD / DVD 4.7 inches ( 120 mm ) .
Outer diameter dependent on the marker you used.

Will update initial post ........

Registered
Axe Micro/Matrix Hybrid
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Well I took the challenge today. Hats off to all the 3D shooters and all you guys making this look easy. Wow that was tough. Give me a rest any day 馃榿. Took 2 warm up shots at the smaller dots on my target and knew it was not going to be really good. My first and last shot were good (lucky?), the other 2 not so much.... Might have to try it again someday when its not 90 out. 馃お

View attachment 199551
Nice shots ,,,,,Thanks for posting 馃幆馃憤

Registered
Well boys, here it is. Not pretty but it is what it is. I rushed the first two shots big time. No practice shots. Should of used white paper. Couldn鈥檛 hardly see the circles. Hats off to y鈥檃ll, shooting off hand is hard. I could come up with excuses but that鈥檚 not me. I know I鈥檓 better that that. 3 of the arrows were brand new never shot. Think I鈥檒l get white paper and try it again this weekend and work on my stance.馃榿

Registered
Well boys, here it is. Not pretty but it is what it is. I rushed the first two shots big time. No practice shots. Should of used white paper. Couldn鈥檛 hardly see the circles. Hats off to y鈥檃ll, shooting off hand is hard. I could come up with excuses but that鈥檚 not me. I know I鈥檓 better that that. 3 of the arrows were brand new never shot. Think I鈥檒l get white paper and try it again this weekend and work on my stance.馃榿 View attachment 199703
Nice job Joel! The first 2 shots were your warm up shots 馃槈. Looks like you were settling in for shots 3 and 4. I took 2 warm up shots before starting and they didn't look much better than your 1st 2 lol. Next time you will know what you are in for. 馃檪 It is definately tough when you鈥檙e not used to doing it! Now try it with your Ripper! 馃憤 馃榿

Premium Member
I wonder if I can get away with using an old LP instead of CD and maybe a CD instead of the WD40 cap? :p Might just fool some of the 鈥渕ature鈥 eyes sround here. :D
Spare auto tire on the rim and then a hub cap. If we miss at 30, put crossbow on classifieds. Just kidding.

Registered
Nice job Joel! The first 2 shots were your warm up shots 馃槈. Looks like you were settling in for shots 3 and 4. I took 2 warm up shots before starting and they didn't look much better than your 1st 2 lol. Next time you will know what you are in for. 馃檪 It is definately tough when you鈥檙e not used to doing it! Now try it with your Ripper! 馃憤 馃榿
I鈥檒l try it with the ripper too. Yea the 3rd and 4th shots I spread my stance some more and took a deep breath right before the shot. Honestly, the first shot I accidentally used my zero(which is 40). I don鈥檛 know what I was thinking. So then I was mad at myself, lol.

Registered
Axe Micro/Matrix Hybrid
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Well boys, here it is. Not pretty but it is what it is. I rushed the first two shots big time. No practice shots. Should of used white paper. Couldn鈥檛 hardly see the circles. Hats off to y鈥檃ll, shooting off hand is hard. I could come up with excuses but that鈥檚 not me. I know I鈥檓 better that that. 3 of the arrows were brand new never shot. Think I鈥檒l get white paper and try it again this weekend and work on my stance.馃榿 View attachment 199703
Thanks for posting ,,,,, This is not an easy challenge,,, just looks like it ,,,till you try it .

Premium Member
Good work, Joel.
You may want to sight in with the new arrows first and mark them from best to worst.
Use some kind of rest.
Put the two worst aside for another day.
You'd be surprised at the POI variation from arrow to arrow.
Shooting offhand can magnify the variation.

Registered
Axe Micro/Matrix Hybrid
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
Ive found offhand can really be a head scratcher

I allways start a practice on a tripod or bench to see what the arrows are doing today.

Then once im happy the arrows are going were im sending them , ill start the offhand practice ,,,,now its all on me , some days its like i took a step backwards , all my shots pull left and down ,or slightly high and right or irratic from shot to shot in some way .

Ok so its time to go through the self check list :unsure: ,,,,,breathing , stance , trigger pull ,arm position , weather conditions , tired , had too much coffee , dident have enough coffee , and so on ...

How come my shots are way off today when yesterday i was way better ? :mad:

Well its just me,,,, not the crossbow or the scope or the arrows ,,,,, just me. :oops:

Registered
Ive found offhand can really be a head scratcher

I allways start a practice on a tripod or bench to see what the arrows are doing today.

Then once im happy the arrows are going were im sending them , ill start the offhand practice ,,,,now its all on me , some days its like i took a step backwards , all my shots pull left and down ,or slightly high and right or irratic from shot to shot in some way .

Ok so its time to go through the self check list :unsure: ,,,,,breathing , stance , trigger pull ,arm position , weather conditions , tired , had too much coffee , dident have enough coffee , and so on ...

How come my shots are way off today when yesterday i was way better ? :mad:

Well its just me,,,, not the crossbow or the scope or the arrows ,,,,, just me. :oops:
slept on wrong side ;)

Registered
My circles are smaller....35yards View attachment 199560
I've been at Mike's home and those dots are less then quarter size dots. That is outstanding

Mike, you have your Xbows tuned to excellence and your weekly shooting impresses and shows. I think Mike's limbs are now approaching or is past 3,000 shots and going strong. A lot of that has to do with the cam design for the limbs. It's similar to KI's X-1 soon to release Xbow or Missions Xbow cam designs. During the manual rope cocking process 2/3 way up there is a noticeable let off. Not having KI or Mission Xbows this is the only Xbow I've experienced that shows a noticeable let off when cocking. Yea, I have one of those Xbows too. I will never part with it because of it's accuracy and durability.

Reactions: One eyed archer
41 - 60 of 72 Posts