Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
Well boys, here it is. Not pretty but it is what it is. I rushed the first two shots big time. No practice shots. Should of used white paper. Couldn’t hardly see the circles. Hats off to y’all, shooting off hand is hard. I could come up with excuses but that’s not me. I know I’m better that that. 3 of the arrows were brand new never shot. Think I’ll get white paper and try it again this weekend and work on my stance.😁 View attachment 199703
I respect your posting. Shooting at double lung vitals that's a dead deer all day long.

·
Registered
Axe Micro/Matrix Hybrid
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
Well boys, here it is. Not pretty but it is what it is. I rushed the first two shots big time. No practice shots. Should of used white paper. Couldn’t hardly see the circles. Hats off to y’all, shooting off hand is hard. I could come up with excuses but that’s not me. I know I’m better that that. 3 of the arrows were brand new never shot. Think I’ll get white paper and try it again this weekend and work on my stance.😁 View attachment 199703
I was impressed with how fast you compensated your aim ,,,by shot 3 & 4 you had it dialed in...if thats you rushing your shot , 1st attempt , and useing unknown arrows ,,look out 3D targets if you practice .....

No deer🦌 getting away from them arrows .....

🎯🎯🎯🎯👍

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
611 Posts
I was impressed with how fast you compensated your aim ,,,by shot 3 & 4 you had it dialed in...if thats you rushing your shot , 1st attempt , and useing unknown arrows ,,look out 3D targets if you practice .....

No deer🦌 getting away from them arrows .....

🎯🎯🎯🎯👍
Thanks a lot, yea I shot 100 yds the other day for the first time. Lost my first arrow, hit the target on the second shot. But before that I shot at 40 to check zero. Hit the same hole on second shot and ruined the vanes on that arrow. I’ve been practicing with three so I only did the challenge with one arrow that I knew. I have plenty of good arrows from farm deer for backup

·
3,825 Posts
I don’t have a WD 40 cap either. Guess I’ll just have to use a small dessert plate, LMAO! ;) :D
I had minor surgery last Friday, but on the mend. Not supposed to lift over 20# for a few weeks but fortunately, I picked up Vaxbower’s Micro Suppressor with a Charger, so I won’t have to wait the entire time to shoot! :D Our club’s summer mini 3D shoots start afterJuly 4th. I’ll probably be rusty to start, but hope by September, I’m dialed in.:)

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
I don’t have a WD 40 cap either. Guess I’ll just have to use a small dessert plate, LMAO! ;) :D
I had minor surgery last Friday, but on the mend. Not supposed to lift over 20# for a few weeks but fortunately, I picked up Vaxbower’s Micro Suppressor with a Charger, so I won’t have to wait the entire time to shoot! :D Our club’s summer mini 3D shoots start afterJuly 4th. I’ll probably be rusty to start, but hope by September, I’m dialed in.:)
Here is hoping you make a quick recovery.
Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Attn: not offhand, here’s the ripper challenge and I used a front rest. For the life of me I can’t hold the ripper steady. And shot no 2? Don’t ask me, lol. I pulled the trigger with the safety on then just pulled it I guess. Seriously I can’t see the small circle for crap on that pink traeger butcher paper. I actually enjoy shooting the ol killer instinct. Those 20” arrows seemed loooong after shooting the 16” centerpunch’s. It felt good using the rope cocker too. I should of took a couple practice shots because of the difference in the triggers.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Attn: not offhand, here’s the ripper challenge and I used a front rest. For the life of me I can’t hold the ripper steady. And shot no 2? Don’t ask me, lol. I pulled the trigger with the safety on then just pulled it I guess. Seriously I can’t see the small circle for crap on that pink traeger butcher paper. I actually enjoy shooting the ol killer instinct. Those 20” arrows seemed loooong after shooting the 16” centerpunch’s. It felt good using the rope cocker too. I should of took a couple practice shots because of the difference in the triggers. View attachment 199844 View attachment 199845
Nice job Joel! The short bows balance waaayyyyy easier then the traditional style ones!

·
Registered
Axe Micro/Matrix Hybrid
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Looks good 🎯....I have to say i kinda like the idea of the butcher paper ,,,,So you saying the KI had a different ballance then the Ten point ,( l beleave you used it first go ? ) that made it less suited to off hand shooting ?

Im looking at the picture of the KI and it looks like a really well made crossbow

If you still have it ,,,how do you think that Vortex would do ?

Differences really start to stand out between crossbows once you start shooting off hand with them .

When you doing this challenge correctly ( as you are ) that 1" 3/8 circle is hard to see for sure with a 32mm objective ,,,,thats why the top guys in 3D look like there shooting a telescope with a crossbow mounted under it 😂😂

·
Registered
611 Posts
Looks good 🎯....I have to say i kinda like the idea of the butcher paper ,,,,So you saying the KI had a different ballance then the Ten point ,( l beleave you used it first go ? ) that made it less suited to off hand shooting ?

Im looking at the picture of the KI and it looks like a really well made crossbow

Differences really start to stand out between crossbows once you start shooting off hand with them .

When you doing this challenge correctly ( as you are ) that 1" 3/8 circle is hard to see for sure with a 32mm objective ,,,,thats why the top guys in 3D look like there shooting a telescope with a crossbow mounted under it 😂😂
Yes the balance is significantly different between the siege and ripper. The ripper is more front end heavy but Weight wise the ripper feels a little lighter. I still have the ripper and no plans to part with it. It was my first crossbow. I think the vortex would work good with it. But I’ve got the lumix speedring dialed in pretty good. But yea I can’t hardly see those little circles on the target. I made myself laugh, when I was aiming I yelled out loud “I can’t see!!” Lol

·
Registered
611 Posts

The ki ripper is a solid bow. The string and cable are much bigger in diameter than on my siege. I don’t know why. $1300 difference between the two and really there are only 2 or 3 things that separate them: width, length, the Acuslide vs rope cocker. The trigger on the siege is more crisp but to me if I just used the ripper I’d get use to that. They both have the anti dry fire, they both shoot accurately, as far as quality they’ve both performed how they’re suppose to.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts