Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Except they won't ship to RI ... that is a good price!

·
Registered
13,225 Posts
Help me understand. CenterPoint warrants 5 years. Killer Instinct warrants lifetime?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Help me understand. CenterPoint warrants 5 years. Killer Instinct warrants lifetime?
yes correct......look up KI, they have far more issues with limbs....what good is a crossbow/warranty if it's out for repairs? plus in less then 5 years one will be wanting a new crossbow

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't see where Sportsman's Warehouse won't ship to RI
When I went to checkout it flagged it. I called CS and the first tier had no idea why, so they escalated. Supposedly they’ll get back to me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Having it shipped to a friend across the line in Mass; we went halves on a couple of cases of goose shells so I need to bring up his case anyway.

*vendor on eBay cancelled my order for a Heat. Cabelas just cancelled my order for a Sniper. By golly if SW cancels this order I'm turning Karen loose.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Got it in hand today, many thanks to @BHC for the tip off! Feels very solid - several of the bolts already had blue loctite on them. I have not loctited anything else at this point - going to see how it "feels" when I shoot it the first time. The scope mounts do not exude confidence; the rings weren't tight out of the box; snug, but not tight, and I only use the included allen wrench so I don't risk crushing anything.

The instructions were not as specific as I would've appreciated, but it came together fine. The adhesive to hold the rail cap pad to the rail cap fell out (maybe dried?) but I managed to recover enough of it to keep the pad on long enough to mount the riser to the rail. Not sure why, but I was expecting it to have the finger retainer, but it has the bearing retainer which is a happy surprise. I will sight it in tomorrow (got a DM SpeedBag) - going to compare the Hobo Archery Hammerfist arrows to the CP factory arrows. And Wal-Mart had a nice SuperSling in the clearance section, so there you go. Amazon can't seem to find the BHs I ordered, but gave me a $5 credit for my patience.

Reactions: BHC

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dicks Sporing Goods has the Victory Decimators with and without lighted nocks on sale, they fly great and price point is great

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Got it in hand today, many thanks to @BHC for the tip off! Feels very solid - several of the bolts already had blue loctite on them. I have not loctited anything else at this point - going to see how it "feels" when I shoot it the first time. The scope mounts do not exude confidence; the rings weren't tight out of the box; snug, but not tight, and I only use the included allen wrench so I don't risk crushing anything.

The instructions were not as specific as I would've appreciated, but it came together fine. The adhesive to hold the rail cap pad to the rail cap fell out (maybe dried?) but I managed to recover enough of it to keep the pad on long enough to mount the riser to the rail. Not sure why, but I was expecting it to have the finger retainer, but it has the bearing retainer which is a happy surprise. I will sight it in tomorrow (got a DM SpeedBag) - going to compare the Hobo Archery Hammerfist arrows to the CP factory arrows. And Wal-Mart had a nice SuperSling in the clearance section, so there you go. Amazon can't seem to find the BHs I ordered, but gave me a $5 credit for my patience.

View attachment 183491
The rings are left loose as you need to set your eye relief and level the scope before tightening down the rings.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The rings are left loose as you need to set your eye relief and level the scope before tightening down the rings.
Yeah, probably better stated it came in above average for a chinese scope, with 3 bolts snug(ish) and 1 very loose, slight canted. Bubble jig on the turret helped true up the reticle - to my eye anyway. As for eye relief, there's a lot of real estate on the rail, plus adjustable length stock, and adjustable height cheek - really nice set up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Went out in the woods with my buddy to sight in our bows. I offered to take the SpeedBag and he said, no his layered block does just fine for his. We shot at 20 paces, and his went halfway in the front; mine came halfway out the back. Got it "zeroed" from a kneeling position (i.e. unsupported) inside a 4" square. Brought it home, set up the speedbag at 7 yards (longest distance in the basement), set up on a foam block on a stool (i.e. a little more supported), and the first 3 went in the same hole. I am absolutely sold on crossbows now, and this one in particular.

My buddy who's been hunting with xbow for 15 years commented on how fast and quiet the Amped was, and after hearing his I understand better now. He kept trying to watch the arrow, and saying, "dang!"

CP arrow, with pink residue from my buddy's foam target. This is now the designated beater/decocker arrow.

Hobo Archery Hammerfist arrow, 5gr heavier. Hole above and to the left is the CP arrow. Close enough.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
When shooting rag bag targets always turn them every 25 to 50 shots and shoot the back side. After every shooting session lay them flat and stand on them and stomp them flat and they will last a long time. If you are not stomping them to redistribute the material then you will start getting pass throughs pretty fast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts