Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
I believe the Ravin site has instructions and YouTube may have as well.

Remember that the center reticle in the optic (50 yards I think) is the fixed reticle so speed changes doesn't affect it.

This is what I do:
  • Set your speed. If you don't know it, use 385 if you are using the factory 400 gn arrow. Now don't touch the speed setting again until you get to the last step
  • Setup at 10 yards on a bench on bags or in a gun vice so you can prop the xbow up and on target.
  • Point at the middle of your target. and sight down the arrow to make sure you're on target. Adjust your scope for 20 yards and take a test shot.
  • Repeat that at 10 yards and dial in 1" high.
  • Now test at 20 yards. Adjust as needed again to be on target.
That should get you pretty close to being able to test and zero at 50 yards BUT I suggest shooting each yardage to make sure you're staying on target. If you do, at 50 yards you can make any final adjustments. That should have you on track. Now you are done adjusting POI with the elevation adjuster. Changes in the next step are done with the speed dial.

- Now go back to 20 or 30 yards and shoot again. If you are high or low, correct that with the speed dial and check your yardages again.

That should have you dialed in and at the right speed for those arrows and your Amped

Good luck!

Reactions: wind walker

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thats the same scope i have on my patriot(same bow). Sight it the way tx rdx says, dial it in dead on at 50yds using the turrets and come back to 20yds and use the speed dial for all other yardages.if it hits low turn the speed dial setting down and visa versa if it hits high.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts