Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a flood … of new folks around lately; or it seems that way. Absolutely great to see new blood showing up; and particularly contributing to discussions. Seems like they come in comfortable and jump right in like old friends.(y)

If you're new, how about introducing yourself and maybe a little shooting or hunting history? :) Perhaps post a photo of your crossbow if you have one already. If not tell us what you're buying or thinking of buying.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi all,

Im fairly new here. I've been a member of the Archeytalk site for a while and recently made the jump over here after starting to research crossbows. I've been gun and vertical bow hunting for about 25 years, primarily whitetail and turkeys here in the northeast. Recently, I decided to get into crossbow hunting. After much research, I ended up buying a burky-built Scorpyd from a member on here. So far, I'm very happy with my decision. It's smooth, fast and compact.

This site has been great so far. Thanks to everyone for being welcoming. There's a lot of knowledge on here and I'm glad I found this resource. Take care everyone.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,838 Posts
Hi all,

Im fairly new here. I've been a member of the Archeytalk site for a while and recently made the jump over here after starting to research crossbows. I've been gun and vertical bow hunting for about 25 years, primarily whitetail and turkeys here in the northeast. Recently, I decided to get into crossbow hunting. After much research, I ended up buying a burky-built Scorpyd from a member on here. So far, I'm very happy with my decision. It's smooth, fast and compact.

This site has been great so far. Thanks to everyone for being welcoming. There's a lot of knowledge on here and I'm glad I found this resource. Take care everyone.
That’s an awesome bow that you have there. Have fun and be safe! Good luck this coming season!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
I'd love to see the new folks showing their ages too. You don't know if youre relating to somebody your age or someone much much younger. Sometimes this could help.

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Registered
119 Posts
Im new and from the panhandle of Florida.I used to bow hunt waayyy back when then moved over to rifle hunting but over time it has really bored me then it just hit me to look into crossbow hunting.I honestly had No idea it was this big.I havent gotten my bow but i am leaning on a CP amped 415 to be my first bow.I hope you fellas are patient because i will have alot of questions.Thanks to everyone that has helped me already.Age 46
Maurice

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Welcome to the boards Maurice.:)

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Banned
360 Posts
Hope you stick around, brother. Lots to learn on this board. Sometime from un-likeminded folks, as well. She’d be a boring place if we all had the same perspective.👍

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hope you stick around, brother. Lots to learn on this board. Sometime from un-likeminded folks, as well. She’d be a boring place if we all had the same perspective.👍
Oh im not going anywhere,im here like a kid in a candy store. I just have tons to learn but i think it will be pretty easy with the amount of help here.I have learned alot in just the last week.I love this forum and the people on it.Great group of people here.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Well I'm kinda new with more than 50 posts but I have not shared a pic of my Wife yet so I thought I might jump in.

View attachment 180891

So let me find a pic of my Wife and i will post it for you Sod Buster, OK?
Cheers,
dynamo61
Now that is a trophy wife and I wouldn't be hunting much, :p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts