Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
1,647 Posts
Possibly the first bow to be classed as a firearm in Canada and not purchasable without a firearms acquisition permit. This bow might not be allowed to be used in archery season. The day has come!

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Hey, how did you get a picture of my chrono reading? :D

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Possibly the first bow to be classed as a firearm in Canada and not purchasable without a firearms acquisition permit. This bow might not be allowed to be used in archery season. The day has come!
Boo, you must have missed the heavier arrow part? They'll all shoot a knitting needle over 500 FPS.

It's still called a Nemesis 480 with a 400 grain arrow.

Does Canada specify an arrow weight for this messed up law?

Michigan actually had a 350 FPS Speed Limit the first year (2009) of inclusion into mid-2010. That's when they realized it was an asinine regulation and dropped it. I waited to buy my 2010 RDT -165, which shot a 400 grain arrow at 425 FPS. Scorpyd was actually selling the RDT-165's shipped to Michigan as a RDT-165 KE (Kinetic Energy) Model in the first half of 2010. It was shipped with extremely heavy arrows, 600ish grain IIRC, to get it down below 350 FPS.

The Canada bows will probably just come with a heavier arrow than a 370 grain. Problem solved, unless they have an arrow weight designation for this speed?

·
1,647 Posts
It's the federal government's call and we are ruled by a Liberal government. It isn't written in stone that I will be classed as a firearm but there's plenty of evidence to suggest it.
They once wanted to register all crossbows believe it or not. Any pellet gun that fires a pellet over 500 ft/sec is classed as a firearm and they do not involve pellet weight. In 1995, section 97 of the Criminal Code was passed, which would have made licensing mandatory for the purchase of a crossbow but the law has never been brought into force.
The writing is on the wall for us in Canada but there is a federal election coming October this year!

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
View attachment 142906 Got a pic from Scorpyd today
Proof is in a picture
With a 370 grn arrow
I just told my wife to come over here and look at that picture and she was like "SO" what is so special about a picture with a few numbers on it? Of course I got the eye roll when I tried to explain the significance of it,lol! They just don't get it But right after the eye roll she asked when she could shoot it? LMAO!!!!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
One the guys up here was charged with having an uncased bow by our game wardens and the charge read that he had a firearm uncased in his vehicle after shooting hours.
the nemesis will be a 480fps that can shoot 500 with the lighter arrows.
I don’t see any laws in Ontario that say a 500 FPS bow is illegal in crossbow season.
We have a liberal govt here and that is going* to change this fall.
In Toronto the liberal mayor in the largest city in Canada has tons of gang shootings and in his ultimate wisdom now decides he wants to ban all handguns...Go figure.....:rolleyes:
The other thing is are the LEO’S all going to,carry chronos
and bag targets to check bow speeds?
One could always carry a 450 grain arrow .
What I’m trying to say is vert hunters have been crying for years to get crossbows banned.
This too shall pass....

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I might even try out some lighted nocks this year for the first time.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk
I went to lighted nocks two seasons ago. I’ll never go back.
So handy both in seeing where I hit and especially from a tree stand being able to get down and find my arrow right away.

·
Registered
205 Posts
WOW! tenpoint won't like hearing that their flagship bow nitro xrt shooting at 470 is still 35 fps behind the nemesis. well i have to start rounding up my blueberry money an putting my order in for a new nemesis this summer. I e-mailed dave to see when he thought he may start getting them in?? He probably has a waiting list that can't be believed.

·
2,795 Posts
One the guys up here was charged with having an uncased bow by our game wardens and the charge read that he had a firearm uncased in his vehicle after shooting hours.
the nemesis will be a 480fps that can shoot 500 with the lighter arrows.
I don’t see any laws in Ontario that say a 500 FPS bow is illegal in crossbow season.
We have a liberal govt here and that is going* to change this fall.
In Toronto the liberal mayor in the largest city in Canada has tons of gang shootings and in his ultimate wisdom now decides he wants to ban all handguns...Go figure.....:rolleyes:
The other thing is are the LEO’S all going to,carry chronos
and bag targets to check bow speeds?
One could always carry a 450 grain arrow .
What I’m trying to say is vert hunters have been crying for years to get crossbows banned.
This too shall pass....
I've been stopped 2 times in Ont. while I was up there bear hunting, the game wardens up there aren't the friendliest people I have ever meant... Down right rude !!!

Mike

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
WOW! tenpoint won't like hearing that their flagship bow nitro xrt shooting at 470 is still 35 fps behind the nemesis. well i have to start rounding up my blueberry money an putting my order in for a new nemesis this summer. I e-mailed dave to see when he thought he may start getting them in?? He probably has a waiting list that can't be believed.
10pt won't care but, their customers may.lol Besides I'd care more about a 5 year warranty, Bad triggers, gonna rust hardware, ridiculous wannabee nock system, split limbs-(ya they will), Snapping strings/cables, over 10lb weights and, it costs MO $.LMAO
BUT they have great service that YOU ARE gonna need. Yep that sums it up.

·
Registered
205 Posts
What scope are you guys planning to put on your nemesis; are there any scopes that have the calibration for 500 fps on their adjustment settings. Seems like the scopes are going to have to improve to be able to handle these new bows!

1 - 20 of 109 Posts