Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to camp today to sight in my AO Vortex scope I just got in .
I can tell you .what a fit to the Dark Knight.
With the Ao and on 14 power at 40 yds crystal clear n I could see arrow holes as dots . I am sold on the AO scopes with high power !!!
Topped on top of one of my EZ-D scope rails this is the set up I am looking for in a 30 to60 yd 432 fps bow .

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on Burky stretch it out there. 60yrds is too easy. LOL
All I had room for , for today . I will get it out to 80 at home .lol

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
👍

At 14x that has an exit pupil if just over 3mm, that’s a bit small in the woods.
I had a 6-24 Sightron one time with a side focus, was looking at something about 300 yards away and when I turned it just right the image popped!

Would be nice to have an AO for crossbow scopes but I’m not sure if that increases overall length or not.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Nice, Burky!
Are you shooting deer flies at 60 yards with that 6-18x beauty?
LOL, JK!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
👍

At 14x that has an exit pupil if just over 3mm, that’s a bit small in the woods.
I had a 6-24 Sightron one time with a side focus, was looking at something about 300 yards away and when I turned it just right the image popped!

Would be nice to have an AO for crossbow scopes but I’m not sure if that increases overall length or not.
The beauty of it for me Tim, is I can use any power at any range !!
Surly not going to use 14 power at 30
But the option is there .
Still learning this scope and I will find a happy setting for all ranges or for my hunting situation at any given spot .

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
The side parallax adjustment scopes are sweet! Sometimes though you just dont have the time to make adjustments.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The side parallax adjustment scopes are sweet! Sometimes though you just dont have the time to make adjustments.
Yup I think as of what I gathered from my sight in ,if I set paralax at 40 I am good to 10 power at 30 to 50 which is my max range ,only problem with all of this is what happens if one slips in at 10 to 20 .
Nothing is perfect you just need to take the right tool for the job !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Reactions: burky247365

·
8,890 Posts
Another "Convert!" … Beautiful. (y) Been extolling the virtues of high magnification and low parallax for over a decade. It's the logical choice if you really think things through. Glad to see another well respected CBN guy lauding the same finding. SEW and Burky among a few others. Now I just have to get Farm Deer to give high magnification a go at his long range pursuits. ;)

Reactions: burky247365 and SEW

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Nice looking set up Tim.... no better feeling than shooting your own completely customized crossbow.....!

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
The reticle on that scope looks pretty clean.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Burkey, What rings did you use to mount that scope on your EZ D? Would Warne quick release medium height work as well?? TIA

·
4,694 Posts
Easiest way to increase accuracy is to increase scope power. The higher power scopes with adjustable parallex on a dial-a-range fits right in with shorter and longer ranges.
Yes, I do have good accuracy to way out there; but it comes largely from great rests, triggers, arrows and optics. Omit any of the above and accuracy is harder to get.

A SWAT XP with an appropriate optical system.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
That Zeiss will work SEW.

Reactions: SEW
1 - 20 of 32 Posts