Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I like the color. Thanks for sharing.
Quite a while back, I switched my string and cable systems to 60X. Lube the area well where the cables enter the "J" groove section as the only way lubricant can be brought into that area is by cocking and shooting the crossbow.
Here is a picture of the high quality lubricant I use. It can be purchased on the internet in a two fluid ounce jar. A wee bit goes a long way. This product does not dry out or gum up, but stays moist. One does not have to lubricate near as often.
Trident Silicone Grease.jpg
All the best.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like the color. Thanks for sharing.
Quite a while back, I switched my string and cable systems to 60X. Lube the area well where the cables enter the "J" groove section as the only way lubricant can be brought into that area is by cocking and shooting the crossbow.
Here is a picture of the high quality lubricant I use. It can be purchased on the internet in a two fluid ounce jar. A wee bit goes a long way. This product does not dry out or gum up, but stays moist. One does not have to lubricate near as often.
View attachment 145934
All the best.
this is what i use for rail and strings.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Darryl,

I know this post has been dead for awhile, but I am curious about your 60x string change. I have the saga and my daughter has the karnage which I believe are the same specs as your bow. When you installed the 60x strings and cables, how did you handle the twists on strings and cables? I have a replacement 60x string and it does not come twisted. Can you tell me how you handled this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
DB You cant accuse me of knowing less than nothing, but I'm close. I typed twist and then string change in the search engine and am still reading.

·
Registered
19 Posts
vagura posted on Feb 28,2009

Twists are a controversial topic. Some say 1 for every 2.5", 1.5". I know that Zebra strings use one for every 2". I also know Parker uses 12 twists for a 35.5" string. Use your best judgement and go from there. Everyone has a different formula.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I guess what I'm mostly concerned about is when I change the string getting the bow back to the same specs. If I have not enough, or too many twists wont the brace height or the AT change from how it originally was? I can't even imagine the pain of changing the cables as well where came lean and cam timing come into play.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Absolutely. Just got one in myself. Neon green /black.
Love 60x. Both compounds, 2 recurves, and the Hornet xbow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts