Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the Swat set up with Jack Plate and Gen2 Vortex HD 4-27x56 using Vital Limits Nimitz build arrows and Swat practice tips. I put target that is usually level at an angle and changed elevation down 5 clicks. She was low on first two shots . She said something wrong. I told her figure it out. She noticed scope elevation was not on 0. I fixed it for her . I put target at angle and she said Dad why do I have to tilt bow to make scope lines lign up with the target lines. She is set up on a table using a rest nest at 50 yards. I tried to trick her and have her figure it out but in 5 shots she was at same hole accuracy at 50 yards. I will be moving her to 60 in the next week or 2 and will post some pictures of her results. She wants to use the Aculeus but I feel the Swat is safer. If she keeps it up she will be out shooting me soon. She turns 8 on Tuesday. I don't let her attempt to cock the bow or load an arrow but when I let her load an arrow it will be on a Swat.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
That is so awesome! Post those pics up soon!!!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Wow! The little lady can shoot!!!!! Good for her!!! Bad for what ever she hunts, if that's what she's 'aim'n' for!!!! lol
I'd love to see pics for proof!!! hint hint!

·
4,763 Posts
I think a future kids bow will be the SWAT XP with longer cables and string to bring it down to 300-320. Very easy to crank cock, almost impossible to have a string/hand accident (virtually no string exposed), easy to cock, small, already light but even 12 oz lighter if take stirrup off, safest to load. Crank cocking should be easy and it has a brake for safety.

Rit, we both know how easy the SWAT is to rope cock but the same crank cocker (DSC) thats used on the SWAT XP works on the SWAT.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Awesome, start them young!!!
My Dad started me off at around 10 yrs old with a Red Ryder then progressively more powerful air guns, then 22s.
I was on my own after that.
I started my only Son at 9 and youngest Daughter at 10; xbows, air rifles and pistols.
The oldest Daughters started in their early teens but with air pistols and rifles, then on to 22s, 30/30s and 12 ga shotguns.
Now, the oldest loves the xbows but the second oldest is busy with my first Grandson.
It is a great bonding experience and they learn so much about tools, safety and respecting nature.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Well done dad! The hunting interest is still there with many of our youngsters. It may take some creative talent and commitment to nurture but it can be done.

I'll share a couple pictures of another young lady (8 year old) that is VERY into crossbow hunting. Like the compact SWAT, she handles a Ravin R26 with skill. Dad helps with cocking and setting it up on a bi or tripod, but after that it's all Miss Hanna (Boogie is her nick name). She's good at practicing and helping care for the harvested animals and LOVES to tell hunting stories. Dad is a big influence in her hunting interest and success and I'll tip my hat to that man for doing a great job with his daughter.

Her first hog at 7 years old.

Here 2nd turkey at 8 years old.

Her 2nd buck at 8 years old.

Stay with it Rit and enjoy every minute of it. They grow up fast!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well done dad! The hunting interest is still there with many of our youngsters. It may take some creative talent and commitment to nurture but it can be done.

I'll share a couple pictures of another young lady (8 year old) that is VERY into crossbow hunting. Like the compact SWAT, she handles a Ravin R26 with skill. Dad helps with cocking and setting it up on a bi or tripod, but after that it's all Miss Hanna (Boogie is her nick name). She's good at practicing and helping care for the harvested animals and LOVES to tell hunting stories. Dad is a big influence in her hunting interest and success and I'll tip my hat to that man for doing a great job with his daughter.

Her first hog at 7 years old.
View attachment 181312

Here 2nd turkey at 8 years old.
View attachment 181313

Her 2nd buck at 8 years old.
View attachment 181314

Stay with it Rit and enjoy every minute of it. They grow up fast!
Awesome!!!

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
I miss my Jack Plate . . .

Reactions: SEW

·
8,999 Posts
Both my … girl, then her younger brother 7 years later, were shooting before they were in kindergarten. Each was bought a Belgium Browning SA-22 .22 caliber autoloader before they could hold it up on their own. :)

Reactions: TX_RDXguy and SEW

·
Registered
544 Posts
Great job Rit. My daughter got her first deer (rifle) when she was 8. I cherish those memories of spending time with her in the woods when she was younger. She’s now 19 and a sophomore in college and we only get to hunt about once a year now. Enjoy every moment with your daughter, they grow up so fast. 😢
847D986D-9E60-4CDA-8613-476DB658DE3D.jpeg
85DD483A-0A37-4BB0-944B-8E568257BDD6.jpeg

I’m hoping we get a chance to hunt together with a crossbow this Fall.
F115F962-B1AD-4D1E-8D0A-54686AB9B4A5.jpeg

She’s always been a good shot.
Fathers, don’t be afraid to take your daughters hunting.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
SavedWretch, tell your girl I love how she poses!!! Especially the first and last two!!! LOL! Awesome!!!! Priceless!!!!! Bullseye Girl attitude!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
SavedWretch, tell your girl I love how she poses!!! Especially the first and last two!!! LOL! Awesome!!!! Priceless!!!!! Bullseye Girl attitude!!!
Attitude is one thing she does not have a shortage of. She's had it since birth.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts