Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Nice, 70 yards with a broadhead no less!
w00t t00t, thanks for sharing with us!!!

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
That's putting it on 'im! Great shot.:)

·
9,045 Posts
Yeah but … you didn't see a photo of the ground around the woodchuck as Todd walked up to get him. There were so many arrows in the ground that it looked like the Little Bighorn & Custer's Last Stand before he hit him. :p 😂 ;)

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats Todd, but you are not a normal human being when it comes to shooting a crossbow. ;)
You're too kind, Joe. After seeing your avatar I think you need to change your handle to "Joe Exotic." 🤣 (Tiger King Reference)

Yeah but … you didn't see a photo of the ground around the woodchuck as Todd walked up to get him. There were so many arrows in the ground that it looked like the Little Bighorn & Custer's Last Stand before he hit him.
HA! Oh contraire, Mr. Duke. I had 7mph crosswind that I was monitoring that was of great concern. This groundhog was the perfect candidate. He kept standing up for long periods of time. I was on him for about 10 minutes but couldn't get the wind to cooperate. Finally the wind layed down and I jumped on the trigger. It felt bad! Thought I'd rushed the shot and pulled it. Hit him about 2" lower than I wanted but it did him in. Lost the arrow. :mad:

·
9,045 Posts
Funny … how every once in a while the weapon "seems" to go off on its own. You think the shot's going to be a disaster, and you make a nice clean kill. Happened to me a couple, maybe a few times. Never decided if it was my subconscious doing all the work properly or just blind lucky that I hit where I was planning...lol

Working with a wind at 70 yards is darn good shooting. (y) Positively SEW-ian. ;) I've always weighed a clean long range shot as more rewarding than a big rack. Just something about it. When I used to shoot woodchucks with my .22-250 I'd normally wait for them to standup. That was back in the day before LASER rangefinders. Between 300-400 yards the extra wiggle room for elevation was fatal for the little heathens.:)

I killed a woodchuck with my 386fps/425gr Bowtech Strykeforce years ago at about 15 yards using a Bludgeon broadhead. Wound up with a clean pass-through. Only time I think I saw indications of an archery hydrostatic wound channel...lol :p

Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 14 of 14 Posts