Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Make that 2 boxes. My Vapor is here and wowzers what an incredible compact bow. Not heavy at all (compared to what i already have ) i just got to give it a quick look see as my wife and i are hanging out and watching some tv spending time together. Reason is i just finished my isolation for being COVID + i am a health care worker but i didnt get it from work as everyone has been negative for the last 3 or 4 weeks. I only go out to get food and thats it. I dont go out to eat or go to convenience stores for coffee or anything. My freaking luck. But my headaches are just about gone but fatigue is a bit more lingering. Both my wife and I have AUTOIMMUNE diseases. So we are very high on the high risk. Was told my symptoms can linger for months. Ugg. But much better than being on a ventilator. My rheumatologist says i am extremely lucky. So this is why we are hanging out and i am not down in my basement playing so to speak. I'll update more after i read and get comfortable with how this bow and crak works. Hope tomorrow I'll get a few shots in. Here is the new family member. L-R. Excalibur Matrix Mega 405. Scorpyd SLP 165. AND the new baby Vapor 470. Its so small i love it. Also have to say i am not sure if i would want it any smaller. More intensive inspection tomorrow. Its wifey time. Brian

·
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have to apologize right off the bat all my paragraphs disappeared.

Oh well it will bena tuff read. But now i am part of the 10pt family.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Cool lineup you have there!

You got the BDX system too, right?

good luck with your health, scary stuff sometimes!

·
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool lineup you have there!

You got the BDX system too, right?

good luck with your health, scary stuff sometimes!
Yup BDX system thanks to TX. Made me see the light. Have to admit with this bow i feel a bit nervous compared to my other bows i have. Feel like a NOOB. Have to read everything before i try it out. Cranking system and the BDX are very new and not really sure how it l works. Lots of videos and reading for me. I guess i will go to 10pts web site to see how to work this baby.

Brian

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yup BDX system thanks to TX. Made me see the light. Have to admit with this bow i feel a bit nervous compared to my other bows i have. Feel like a NOOB. Have to read everything before i try it out. Cranking system and the BDX are very new and not really sure how it l works. Lots of videos and reading for me. I guess i will go to 10pts web site to see how to work this baby.

Brian
Noob...ha, yep! Seems like that acuslide works great if used properly!

look forward to hearing how you like it!

that's my dream rig, so hope it's good for you!

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Looks great Brian! Nice lineup BTW. Covers most of the xbow food chain. Maybe a Viper to finish it off?

·
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great Brian! Nice lineup BTW. Covers most of the xbow food chain. Maybe a Viper to finish it off?
Thanks TX for all your info on the BDX system. Appreciate it

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Congrats, 445 SuperMag.
Now you are really cooking with fire!

Don't worry or get overwhelmed about the Vapor or BDX, you will learn them in no time and it will become second nature.
Once the BDX is set , you can pretty much forget it.

It really is that easy, just don't overthink it, as I did, when I first got it.
The second one we got, I think it took a whopping 3 minutes to set it up.

Get well soon, be safe and have fun!!!

Reactions: robertyb

·
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thx Dynamo. I am getting acquainted with the BdX. Its all paired but thats pretty much all I've done so far. I will need to put in the data for arrow weight and speed soon to be able to make adjustments using the app. If I Am figuring this correctly?

But the one thing (its embarrassing) is this quiver i am at a loss. Supposedly is ambidextrous but when I slide it on my short picatinny rail my arrows are on the wrong side. Right hand shooter arrows should be on the right side of my bow not the left as it is now. Not totally sure how i am Supposedly able to change it and no instructions on it except older quivers that arent related to this bow.

I know its probably so simple but darn I am not sure how to change it up.

Brian

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Thx Dynamo. I am getting acquainted with the BdX. Its all paired but thats pretty much all I've done so far. I will need to put in the data for arrow weight and speed soon to be able to make adjustments using the app. If I Am figuring this correctly?

But the one thing (its embarrassing) is this quiver i am at a loss. Supposedly is ambidextrous but when I slide it on my short picatinny rail my arrows are on the wrong side. Right hand shooter arrows should be on the right side of my bow not the left as it is now. Not totally sure how i am Supposedly able to change it and no instructions on it except older quivers that arent related to this bow.

I know its probably so simple but darn I am not sure how to change it up.

Brian
Hi Brian,
Create a new profile, be sure to select "Crossbow" when prompted.
If using the TenPoint EVO-X CenterPunch arrows and 100gr. points, enter the arrow weight of 445 grains and speed of 440 fps.
You can save it with a name like "Vapor" or whatever you like but it will only show two characters after you save it.
When you are ready to shoot, you can either manually enter yardages (no rangefinder required), or use the rangefinder and it will light up the reticle according to the distance you are ranging.
I use the presets most often, e.g. 20, 30, 40 to 100 yards.
I only use the rangefinder to set my targets up but the rangefinder does set the reticle accurately.
That is it.
I do not use quivers on any of our xbows, wish I could help you there.
Cheers,
George

Reactions: USAF Ret in Wis

·
Registered
257 Posts
Do yourself a favor. Put your arrows in a quiver and put the quiver in your backpack. I took my quiver mount off my viper and I’ll never attach a quiver to a crossbow again.

Reactions: Gwn001

·
Registered
13,559 Posts
Congrats on your new "toys".;):)

·
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
George. Hey. I dont have the standard arrows. I got Burkholders custome arrows. I think they are 435 grs. But will have to weigh them andnget its speed. Then i will do the profile with appropriate info. Cant wait to play some more this week. Have 6 days off yahoo

1 - 20 of 26 Posts