Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Do yourself a favor. Put your arrows in a quiver and put the quiver in your backpack. I took my quiver mount off my viper and I’ll never attach a quiver to a crossbow again.
I just may do that. But still want to know how to set that quiver up

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
Hi Brian,
Create a new profile, be sure to select "Crossbow" when prompted.
If using the TenPoint EVO-X CenterPunch arrows and 100gr. points, enter the arrow weight of 445 grains and speed of 440 fps.
You can save it with a name like "Vapor" or whatever you like but it will only show two characters after you save it.
When you are ready to shoot, you can either manually enter yardages (no rangefinder required), or use the rangefinder and it will light up the reticle according to the distance you are ranging.
I use the presets most often, e.g. 20, 30, 40 to 100 yards.
I only use the rangefinder to set my targets up but the rangefinder does set the reticle accurately.
That is it.
I do not use quivers on any of our xbows, wish I could help you there.
Cheers,
George
I read this and pulled out my phone as I have 2 profiles saved in it.
First says: Win. 308
Other says: Ravin

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Now one has to have a smart phone and app to shoot a crossbow ? ? That is just plain crazy. :(
It's just more options to consider, which is fine by me. And, if you approach it with interest, it's not like mastering advanced trigonometry.

I bet my buddy up in Ohio would have one and know it inside and out if he would buy a vacation home here in Texas.

Or we could still be using open sights which arguably were the advanced aiming method that the early versions of our modern crossbows used......

Reactions: R. Toker

·
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It's just more options to consider, which is fine by me. And, if you approach it with interest, it's not like mastering advanced trigonometry.

I bet my buddy up in Ohio would have one and know it inside and out if he would buy a vacation home here in Texas.
View attachment 187632
Or we could still be using open sights which arguably were the advanced aiming method that the early versions of our modern crossbows used......
Thank the GOOD LORD we have made progress in sights and bows

Reactions: TX_RDXguy

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
I read this and pulled out my phone as I have 2 profiles saved in it.
First says: Win. 308
Other says: Ravin
Robert, I just double-checked and that is correct, I have 2 profiles named Vapor and R26.
Sig must have updated the app recently.
In the past only 2 or 3 characters would show in the name although the whole name would show in the data entry fields.
Whatever the case may be, it is all good.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts