Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been scouting and running cameras looking for some turkeys. No pics yet cameras bucking me again. They all have new batteries now. So maybe they will straighten up.

I found scratching last week and more today in the same area. So i put up a blind and wouldn't you know a gobbler started gobbling :). So i'm in the ball park anyway. Waiting on the 19th.

I think i'm going to take the Encore 410 pistol it has a 25yd max range. The blind i set up should give me that shot if i can call him in. The Bow is on deck and might be up first a lot can change in 21 days.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Go get 'im Rt2 and take plenty of pictures.;)

Reactions: rt2bowhunter

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
813 Posts
Good luck to you on your spring turkey hunt. We're getting pretty stoked too although we have a little longer wait than you before our season begins.
Take care
Oncebitten

·
Registered
Scorpyd Ventilator Extreme. 22" Spynal Tapps. Rage BH
223 Posts
Go get 'im Rt2 and take plenty of pictures.;)
[/QUOTE]
I agree 👆 You know what they say,if there isnt any pictures it didn't happen. Lol

·
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm thinking i'll take the Excalibur BD 360 first. I was going to take the Encore 410 pistol. But i think i'll have a better chance of taking 2 birds from the same place. If there's no big Boom right off the bat.

·
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cameras gave me some bad news over the past few days. One they have been pretty silent not many pics. No pics of gobblers since last week. And yesterday i got pics of two does running with their tails up. I'd say someone is up there poaching.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Another decent one, we don’t start until the 26th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rt2bowhunter

·
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got a few pics of 2 gobblers the other day and a hen or 2 everyday. Several deer a few cats a yote and a big old racoon. If i can slip in and out without disturbing things to much. And nobody messes things up. I might get lucky

Nice Bird bb Hope you get him. I'll be out there in the morning if the good Lord is willing :).

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I got one hung up. He won’t cross the hollow. It’s about 9 and were both tight mouthed. I have heard 3 gobblers 2 way off he just gobbled again. I’m going to keep quiet this time. See if he gets worried
A lot of times when I am in that situation and I know he won't see me moving I will work my way away from him calling every so often so he thinks I am leaving. A lot of times that will bring them across whatever is holding them up in my experience. Good luck!

·
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just seen him ranged at 94 yds he’s on my side of the hollow now. He is acting very scared. I just called real soft just to let him know where I am. He’s pointed my way. It’s all up to him now. I’m just going to wait.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts