Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very resistant to change when it comes to crossbows and still shoot an old Parker and I mean old. However, my accuracy is very good. I am looking for replacement arrows of approximatly 400 grains as a replacement for Hunter and Red hots. I can use either capture knocks (prefered) or moon knocks. Can anyone recommend good factory brands? Thanks!

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Black Eagle Executioners
Normally that is what I buy when I needed factory fletched arrows but I broke down and ordered 6 Blood Sport Hunters a few weeks back and I doubt that I will buy another BEE in the future. The BS arrows are just as good accuracy wise and spined a little stronger and at a much better price.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for all the replies. I have been on bloodsports website researching their offerings. The wonders of technology. I take it that the bloodsport Hunter is an earlier model and basically mimicks a straight forward crossbow arrow? I found the information on their micro technology and inserts interesting but not particularly desirable from my point of view. I am not sure if the hunter has the blood ring but I am not really interested in that either as I nomally shoot several deer per arrow and am not sure how this feature would hold up after passing through several deer or even bear. My main concern is accuracy and toughness. I think that with an inside diameter of .300 they should accept luminocks.

I have been on the Black Eagle site looking at the Executioners as well. They appear to have an impressive track record and while I like their .001 straightness and they do offer .003. I prefer the .003 as they serve my needs very well. As I stated I shoot much older crossbows (340 fps) as they fit my comfort level and have year after year. I am going to try a half dozen Bloodsports.

·
Registered
44 Posts
robertyb- agree 100% with you. never used the Bees, but I am using victory x-bolts which are spine aligned and I cant see where another arrow would shoot broadheads any better at the distance I shoot out to 40yds than the x-bolt. I was undecided between victory x-bolt and bloodsport arrows. Went with the x-bolt but now know the bloodsports are great also. X-bolts are a little heavier coming in at 425 with 100 grain point on. And little more money 39.00 for six, average. Maybe cheaper on ebay or amazon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts