Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunting 4-5 years ago with and old PSE Rattler Viper crossbow. I go to unload it and string jumps the arrow, dry fire. The barrel breaks out of the stock. Stock is pretty much ruined. Of course I think - Crap, I no longer have a useable crossbow - where the heck will I find parts for this thing?

One of my hobbies, when I can't be hunting deer, is parting out old dirt bikes. Amusing and profitable. Ebay works very well for this.

It is many time surprising how much the sum of the parts is worth compared to just buying the whole thing. Many people will just not take something apart.

Anyway, it didn't take me long to figure surely somebody either needs these crossbow parts I have or is selling the stock that I need.

And it didn't take me long to find another broken crossbow with the same stock as mine.

Mission accomplished. Crossbow works again. And relegated to being a 'backup' crossbow.

So I resold the remaining crossbow parts I didn't need. And got enough for them that my replacement stock was basically free.

Not a bad way to go.

Anyway, I buy & sell stuff on eBay all of the time.

I post this, because, in spite of being on eBay all of the time, it still took me a few days to think to look there for the stock I needed.

If you never look at eBay, you may never know that whatever used part you need, is probably there. And it can be cheap or maybe even free with a little luck.

·
Registered
15,574 Posts
Great post KX500. Like you I check in on EBAY quite a lot looking for new things but I'll try to remember to check again when I need something used too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.