Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Crossbow Nut
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wood Hardwood Tool accessory Tool

Dang pix upside down, but I notced the number "180" on the riser end of each of the four limbs. Does this number refer to the general draw weight of the limbs? What other numbers are there on other models? Are Ravin limbs matched by deflection numbers, or by general draw weight classification?

·
Crossbow Nut
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seriously? None of you Ravin guys know anything about this?

·
Registered
16,627 Posts
I am still patiently waiting for my 1st Ravin to get delivered so I don't know your answers. But I have read the answers before either here on on CT but quite a while back. Do a search and maybe the answers will pop up. My 70 year old memory does not remember. :eek:

·
Crossbow Nut
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am still patiently waiting for my 1st Ravin to get delivered so I don't know your answers. But I have read the answers before either here on on CT but quite a while back. Do a search and maybe the answers will pop up. My 70 year old memory does not remember. :eek:
Thanks for your answer and your suggestion, but all I found was a post about Ravin limb dampeners. Some on here have posted YouTube videos about Ravins, just figured they might know.

·
Registered
16,627 Posts
I did a little looking around and found this post from BB1 made in May, 2018.
BigBird1

Sorry, I meant to say limb deflections were 180 for the R9 vs. 218 for the R10 (and R20 as well). Nevertheless, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see a 238+ Ravin limb deflection in the future.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Deflection as in how all limbs are marked on every bow.
Thats my guess but it could also refer to the direction your thumb will be directed after attempting to renock the arrow. No telling.

·
Crossbow Nut
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK here's another question; are all 4 limbs the same and able to occupy any position on the riser if you didn't care about the logos being upside down?

·
Crossbow Nut
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Deflection as in how all limbs are marked on every bow.
Thats my guess but it could also refer to the direction your thumb will be directed after attempting to renock the arrow. No telling.
LOL kind of a snarky cheap shot, don't ya think?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Reactions: Jack Pine

·
Crossbow Nut
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did you get a Ravin Cal?
No, I bought a used Centerpoint cp400, which has a Ravin front end, as a project. I hate dang wheelie crossbows, but couldn't pass on the price on this thing. It's a lot of trouble; so far, had to build a press to even work on the thing. Then I had to upgrade my old string jig to make modified cables and string for it, because I saw some posts about strings/cables stretching, and some even breaking. Beefed the string and cables up on it, and feel a lot safer shooting it now. Because of the extra string/cable weight, lost 14 fps, but it's OK, I didn't buy it for speed, I bought it for narrow width to shoot out of my Ameristep 1-man chair blind. Besides that, I'm a tightwad and there's no way I'm paying $100 for a string and cable set they tell you to change every 300 shots. Got other projects in mind for it that will make it fun to play with. As much as I dislike dang wheelie crossbows, after playing with it for a few weeks, I do admire the engineering, innovation, and precision of the Ravin bows, and if I could bring myself to turn loose of the coin, might even consider buying a R26?
Nah...., maybe in a few years buy a used one if the price is reasonable, or better yet, chop this one down.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.