Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met Bob Foulkrod back in the early mid-90s, and was just taking it back what a true Hunter in sportsman he was, back then he would shoot with fingers. sort of came off as a tough and gruff kind of guy but once you got to know him he was a real gentleman. we hunted quite a bit together, I started some my filming with him.
He never got into it for the fame and Glory,.
It funny some of the celebrity hunters that I've hunted and filmed they would have a makeup kit with mirror and comb to make sure they look pretty. Not Bob.
I'm not sure his stance on crossbows but knowing him he'd have absolutely no problem with them.
Glad to see he's getting the recognition that is deserved.
Honored to call my friend.

·
2,259 Posts
I too met Bob several times when he was hanging out with Noel Feather and Dan Fitzgerald. Got a different opinion back then.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Met him while filming at Ken Moody's place back in the 90s.
He was aloof. There to do a promotion and back to PA.

Good shooter.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hunted with Bob years back,when he and Jerry Atkinberg ran Gerri Bears in Ontario Canada. He was a Nice fellow,who personally drove me to my bait set up the first night in camp.One of these days,I will have to tell you a story about when Ted Nugent pulled into Gerri Bears with his Camper, as told to us by Bob! Good Stuff!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep for guys who just meet him you can maybe take a negative attitude of him, but when your actually hunting and hanging with him he is a different guy. And I remember Jeri's camp. I to have a good story. lol.

Reactions: Regohio and 380

·
Registered
376 Posts
I remember when Bob had a Archery Shop .That was when he was starting out.He was one hell of a finger shooter in his Day,And i'll bet he still is,with some practice. Sure Loves his Hunting,but then,don't we all. :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly,that Polar Bear that he is posing with,almost killed Bob,and had to be shot with a Rifle. The Bear knew he was being pursued, and took refuge in a Pressure Ridge.Bob was sneaking up the one side of the Ridge, to be in alignment with the Bears Vitals. The Bear knew something was amiss, and broke out of the Ridge a Hell'n, and was coming for Bob with mayhem is his Blood.Bob tried to turn and run,but fell and laid there on the ice with the Snarling bear within feet of making Mr Bob,his replacement Seal Dinner. His Native that shouldered the responsibility of keeping Bob Safe through out the hunt, killed the Bear with his Rifle at over 100 yards distance.
Bob's Bear ,never made the book,as It was considered a Rifle assisted kill,but Bob got to leave with his life!
Bob never got to bring that Bear home,due to import restrictions in place around that time period, but I believe that he procured a replacement that was in Country before the law's took effect.
Now my memory is fading,but this is how I remember it going down. If anyone knows of additional details,feel free to add or subtract from my account.

·
Registered
376 Posts
There may still be a video of that hunt.I believe Bob McGuire filmed it?( Not sure on how the last name is spelled)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Found it! This is a Great look back!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bob told me if they just left it to die, it would have . But it would have been a slooow death and they didn't want that.

Reactions: Bowhunter57

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes,that is a Oh Crap moment for sure. If that guide would have missed that shot,Bob would have. made his last Curtain Call,Great Stuff!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts