Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to inform all of the good Ravin folks on this forum about Archery Shack's string development progress.
I just received a new set of Archery Shack strings from a fine gentleman who asked me to install nock ties between center serving layers for his R29.
This set was undoubtedly the finest set of strings I've ever seen from Archery Shack. They have now changed the inner center serving layer to .009 BCY Power Grip. Not only is the Ravin nock fit incredible but the quality of the serving process is perfection at it's best. I literally hated to remove the outer layer because it was so flawless.
If your Ravin cams are synched properly after installing these strings, it looks like you'll no longer need my nock centering tool. In fact, I'm not sure you'll ever need nock ties as well unless you're just a real perfectionist. Nonetheless, that was my plan all along when initially working with Archery Shack so I'm extremely pleased to announce this.
It'll be interesting to see how many shots can be obtained from these strings but I can't imagine anyone else making a set that will last any longer.
As a reminder, these strings are made from BCY X99 material and pre-stretched to almost 400 lbs. before serving is applied. X99 strand material is more durable which results in no fuzziness at the unserved loop end of the cables. In fact, since this material is more abrasion resistant, you will not need to worry about excessive wear at the unserved loop end (as long as you wax them generously at installation with the included tube of wax). In addition, all exterior serving is done with Angel Majesty serving which is as good as it gets in durability.

This all means those very short Ravin cables will not stretch nor will the serving wear (again if they are adequately waxed before installation). Of course, this means No More Fiddling around with Cables which makes owning a Ravin just about maintenance free because no rail lube is ever needed.

$55 a set plus $5 shipping for a set of strings of this quality is simply an incredible value. But don't let that price fool you because you will be receiving a set of strings as equal in quality to a set that sells for twice as much. I assure you they will also provide the Ravin specified ATA spec. so you won't have to worry about over stressing the limbs or trigger box.
I also would remind folks that you'll probably get a better set of strings from Archery Shack if you purchase them now in the off season as opposed to waiting until summer when business dramatically picks up.

Finally, I would like to thank Riflenut for all of his help with testing and making his great videos to help folks get more comfortable with using the Ravin press and installing strings themselves.

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
Just wanted to inform all of the good Ravin folks on this forum about Archery Shack's string development progress.
I just received a new set of Archery Shack strings from a fine gentleman who asked me to install nock ties between center serving layers for his R29.
This set was undoubtedly the finest set of strings I've ever seen from Archery Shack. They have now changed the inner center serving layer to .009 BCY Power Grip. Not only is the Ravin nock fit incredible but the quality of the serving process is perfection at it's best. I literally hated to remove the outer layer because it was so flawless.
If your Ravin cams are synched properly after installing these strings, it looks like you'll no longer need my nock centering tool. In fact, I'm not sure you'll ever need nock ties as well unless you're just a real perfectionist. Nonetheless, that was my plan all along when initially working with Archery Shack so I'm extremely pleased to announce this.
It'll be interesting to see how many shots can be obtained from these strings but I can't imagine anyone else making a set that will last any longer.
As a reminder, these strings are made from BCY X99 material and pre-stretched to almost 400 lbs. before serving is applied. X99 strand material is more durable which results in no fuzziness at the unserved loop end of the cables. In fact, since this material is more abrasion resistant, you will not need to worry about excessive wear at the unserved loop end (as long as you wax them generously at installation with the included tube of wax). In addition, all exterior serving is done with Angel Majesty serving which is as good as it gets in durability.

This all means those very short Ravin cables will not stretch nor will the serving wear (again if they are adequately waxed before installation). Of course, this means No More Fiddling around with Cables which makes owning a Ravin just about maintenance free because no rail lube is ever needed.

$55 a set plus $5 shipping for a set of strings of this quality is simply an incredible value. But don't let that price fool you because you will be receiving a set of strings as equal in quality to a set that sells for twice as much. I assure you they will also provide the Ravin specified ATA spec. so you won't have to worry about over stressing the limbs or trigger box.
I also would remind folks that you'll probably get a better set of strings from Archery Shack if you purchase them now in the off season as opposed to waiting until summer when business dramatically picks up.

Finally, I would like to thank Riflenut for all of his help with testing and making his great videos to help folks get more comfortable with using the Ravin press and installing strings themselves.
Will all their strings be built to these specs or just ravin?

·
Registered
8,224 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't know. You'll have to ask them. After shooting a Ravin since 2016, I'm not interested in any other crossbow.
After all, last time I checked, this is the Ravin brand forum.

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
Don't know. You'll have to ask them. After shooting a Ravin since 2016, I'm not interested in any other crossbow.
After all, last time I checked, this is the Ravin brand forum.
Sorry bird ,thought you were giving them a shout out. Did not realise you had a stick in your butt today.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Thanks big bird.
Still haven’t forgotten about you.
Have had sickness in my family- multiple memeberw.
The last archery shack string I took serving off of the setup was very good. Amazing actually.
Archery shack make impressive string and cable sets.
I will be buying more guarantee it.
Takes the doubt out of owning and shooting R29 and R20 Ravin crossbows.
String and cable set will hold up an entire deer season with ultra heavy use with cocking in the field.
Plan to put some time in field when turkey season starts opens with my R29.

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
TROLL!!!!!
If asking for help/info from a cbn member makes me a troll then I guess I am. I saw x99 strings and got excited. Was not expecting team ravin to go hostile on me. You can put the bazooka away arrogantguy. I have learned my lesson.
If you’ll go to archery shack site and click on Ravin string and cable set. Says they are made out of bcy x99 material.
I just did.
I tried but got a site that said brownell and I know they went out of string business.. Better for everyone to just let this go. Maybe I am missing something here?

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Something to share.
I don’t plan on buying R29x model.
I do have a new set of 22 strand (not a typo) archery shack cables and string. I don’t even know if these 22 strand cables will fit any Ravin model. Could be too big on the ends to clear little pulleys.
I will hold onto these and see what happens.
I have a nice R20 I may sell veery reasonable. If I sell it I may get R29x model. And give it a good going over. Testing and studying and share with folks.
Darn Ravin should send me one. Lol
As much I have have posted.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
If asking for help/info from a cbn member makes me a troll then I guess I am. I saw x99 strings and got excited. Was not expecting team ravin to go hostile on me. You can put the bazooka away arrogantguy. I have learned my lesson.

I tried but got a site that said brownell and I know they went out of string business.. Better for everyone to just let this go. Maybe I am missing something here?
Real easy do google search. Type in archery shack strings
Then click on link.
Then click on Ravin string sets.
Then read.

·
Registered
85 Posts
There’s a lot of arrogant pricks on this site. They think they are the end all be all’s because others suck their ass on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.