Crossbow Nation banner

A word about Archery Shack strings

9K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  NDPronghorn 
Thanks big bird.
Still haven’t forgotten about you.
Have had sickness in my family- multiple memeberw.
The last archery shack string I took serving off of the setup was very good. Amazing actually.
Archery shack make impressive string and cable sets.
I will be buying more guarantee it.
Takes the doubt out of owning and shooting R29 and R20 Ravin crossbows.
String and cable set will hold up an entire deer season with ultra heavy use with cocking in the field.
Plan to put some time in field when turkey season starts opens with my R29.

Something to share.
I don’t plan on buying R29x model.
I do have a new set of 22 strand (not a typo) archery shack cables and string. I don’t even know if these 22 strand cables will fit any Ravin model. Could be too big on the ends to clear little pulleys.
I will hold onto these and see what happens.
I have a nice R20 I may sell veery reasonable. If I sell it I may get R29x model. And give it a good going over. Testing and studying and share with folks.
Darn Ravin should send me one. Lol
As much I have have posted.

If asking for help/info from a cbn member makes me a troll then I guess I am. I saw x99 strings and got excited. Was not expecting team ravin to go hostile on me. You can put the bazooka away arrogantguy. I have learned my lesson.

I tried but got a site that said brownell and I know they went out of string business.. Better for everyone to just let this go. Maybe I am missing something here?
Real easy do google search. Type in archery shack strings
Then click on link.
Then click on Ravin string sets.
Then read.

I may do more videos (even better ones) when the weather improves. Outside with good lighting and little to no wind. From start to finish using archery shack string and cables. Will bust up in parts. Post here too so folks here can watch. And folks can comment.

Like preparing your new strings and cables vidoe.
Press usage.
Looking at your original set for cable routing and string routing.
Old String and cable removal.
New cables and string installation.
Adjusting new strings and cables once installed.
Fine tuning
Dos and don’ts
Maintaining your new string and cables.
When to adjust down the road after use or after bow experiences extended time stored.

Looks like 10 videos total.
When I do this.
I won’t start a thread until all videos are done.
So I can post all links in order.

Riflenut,you stand out as a good man on this site.
Lots of good people on this site.
Some folks may not agree with me at all or all the time.
I don’t charge for the info I share.
Folks can use at their own risk.
Everything I post is open to criticism (constructive).
Anyone can overlook something or some else may see or find a better way of doing whatever.
Ravin fell short imo as far as owner being able to change out their strings and cables and also proper adjustment/ tuning.
That’s ok.
Water under the bridge.
Just thank God for sites like this.
Ravin bows not as complicated as they first appear.
I’ll also try to answer any question I feel I am capable of. Others here will and can too.
The Ravin engineers should be reading here. Maybe they are. Be good for them to see how their products are behaving in the field and what questions/ difficulties folks might be experiencing with their equipment.
Some very thoughtful and good thinkers here who frequent.
Always remember multiple heads better than just one!!

So can a guy order from AS over the phone? Need a new set of these for my R15. I know that on new set of AS the cables are 20 strand but need to talk with them to see if the new Ravin strings are 20 or 18 strand. For that price I just have to try a set!! Thanks to BB1 & Riflenut for all the help they give so many of us on CBN!!
Don’t think you will have a problem with their string.
Looks like one can buy 2 sets of string and cables for what one set of GAS cost. Pretty good deal if you ask me. I stick with archery shack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.