Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I've been working hard over the last month trying to tie up some loose ends in preparation to introduce my latest Ravin accessories.
Believe it or not, I'm finally done with my Ravin stirrup design and also have a new Quiver mount for Ravins.
I want to apologize to those who have asked for a stirrup and yet I haven't gotten back to them. This is because I was still working on the third iteration of the design and applying for a provisional patent at the same time. I needed the patent pending in order to bid out the stirrup parts if we get overloaded in making the parts.
The 3rd iteration of the stirrup design addressed 3 areas:
  1. The bar was beefed up to make it more rigid.
  2. A special o-ring is now installed under the carbon rod protective covers to act as a shock absorber and to prevent any excessive wear on this orange limb bolt covers.
  3. A semi-rigid wide strap was designed to anchor the rear of the stirrup to the picatinny rail.
Here's a video that provides more information:

Initially, I'm only going to offer the stirrup for sale to R10 owners even though it's been fully tested to fit on R26s and R20s. This has to do with fitting the semi-rigid strap to the R26 and R29 which is work in progress thanks to VSarchery. BTW, I will no longer be offering the R26 stirrup extension for 20" arrows because it simply protrudes out too far. The arrow is above the stirrup by at least an inch and only a portion of the broadhead tip of a 20” arrow protrudes past the standard stirrup bar. Hence, the bar can be rested on the ground at an angle and still prevent the tip from getting in the dirt.
It’s also important to note that the stirrup will Not allow your Ravin to fit in a hard case nor will it allow a R29 to fit in the shorter Ravin soft case designed especially for the R26/R29. It will however allow a R26 to fit in the soft case and your R10 will also easily fit in the larger Ravin soft case designed for the R10/R20.

The quiver mount has been tested now on the R26 and R29 thanks to Regohio but we need to build up some inventory. I think some of you will really like this quiver mount. Not only is it easier to use than the Ravin mount but see the pics. below to compare the weights. It’s essentially half the weight which is really important since the quiver mount is in the front of your Ravin.

Many thanks to those who have been patiently waiting for a stirrup. Please just PM me if you would like a Bird stirrup and/or Bird quiver mount.
Also I want to especially thank VSarchery and Regohio for all of their help. The best part of my work in making Ravin accessories is certainly not the money. It’s getting to talk to so many great folks on this forum and working with my wife of 48 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well I can say this..."There is no one better than Big Bird (Bill) at making accessories for Ravin Bows. I have purchased every different item he makes and all are excellent! When I was in Illinois last Fall people tried to buy his items off me at end of the hunt! I said I'd love to but no way I go back to Ohio to hunt without Trigger Extension...Crank Mount...decocking tool...Quiver Mount etc... My R 26 and R 29X are all "BigBirded" as we speak...ready for Thunder Chickens in a couple months.

All that said Bill's biggest accomplishment isn't his products, sure they're great but it is his Personality and Customer Service Focus that makes him the Man he is! Communicate with him once and you'll see what I mean.

Here's a couple pictures of his items on my Bows.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regohio,
Thanks so much for your kind words. Likewise, I've enjoyed our conversations immensely.
Wishing you and your wife a very happy and fulfilled retirement.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Bill, congrats and thanks for creating more great products that for sure will enhance the already fantastic Ravin crossbows! And having Regohio for a product tester...just doesn't much better than that...great guy, that knows his Ravins!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Bill, congrats and thanks for creating more great products that for sure will enhance the already fantastic Ravin crossbows! And having Regohio for a product tester...just doesn't much better than that...great guy, that knows his Ravins!
Thanks I started an Excalibur guy. Then Ten Point and Scorpyd were my favorites. But the first time I shot a Ravin in 2019 I was sold. They are the total package in my opinion. Fast. Small. Light excellent cocking system. Great customer service. I guess everyone has their favorite but for me it’s RAVIN

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Todd - a couple questions:

- any loss of FPS with the Limbsavers mounted that close to the cams?

- how do you carry the xbow with the quiver underneath - over your shoulder?

Thanks.

·
Registered
557 Posts
TC

I found putting the limbsavers closer to the cams absorbed more and was a little quieter. I saw no change in FPS. I shot 415 gr arrows at 399 FPS.

as far as the Quiver it’s basically in same spot it comes from factory. The difference is its half the weight. it may only be a few ounces but it makes bow feel even lighter.

great stuff for sure.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Todd - a couple questions:

- any loss of FPS with the Limbsavers mounted that close to the cams?

- how do you carry the xbow with the quiver underneath - over your shoulder?

Thanks.
TP,
The quiver on the back side is super easy to shoulder as long as you put it on the correct side. I'm right handed and shoulder my Ravins on the right side as well. This means the quiver mount should be located on the left side when holding your Ravin. I don't feel it at all and don't even know it's there.
If you stop to load an arrow, as long as you pull the inside arrow, you'll have plenty of room for your hands to be able to shoot offhand.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
TP,
I'm right handed and shoulder my Ravins on the right side as well.
I’m right handed as well but always carried a rifle, shogun, or crossbow over my left shoulder.

But with the quiver on top it would be a moot point. I never got to hunt with the Ravin last year so I’m not sure how it rides. I usually carry my pack with one strap over my left shoulder and put the crossbow on top of that.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm just going to say for those who are southpaws and prefer the quiver be mounted on the outside of your left shoulder, I also have a LH version of my quiver mount.
There's a reason Ravin designed their crank handle/quiver mount the way it is. They wanted the user to be able to swap the quiver to either side depending on which side they shouldered their crossbow. I just didn't see the need to make it heavier than it needs to be.
BTW, I've been toting Ravins over my shoulder during hunting season for 4 years up and down hilly terrain. IMO, every oz. of weight you can save is a not just desirable, it's mandatory.

·
Registered
RAVIN R15 RAVIN R29X
350 Posts
Hi guys,
I've been working hard over the last month trying to tie up some loose ends in preparation to introduce my latest Ravin accessories.
Believe it or not, I'm finally done with my Ravin stirrup design and also have a new Quiver mount for Ravins.
I want to apologize to those who have asked for a stirrup and yet I haven't gotten back to them. This is because I was still working on the third iteration of the design and applying for a provisional patent at the same time. I needed the patent pending in order to bid out the stirrup parts if we get overloaded in making the parts.
The 3rd iteration of the stirrup design addressed 3 areas:
  1. The bar was beefed up to make it more rigid.
  2. A special o-ring is now installed under the carbon rod protective covers to act as a shock absorber and to prevent any excessive wear on this orange limb bolt covers.
  3. A semi-rigid wide strap was designed to anchor the rear of the stirrup to the picatinny rail.
Here's a video that provides more information:

Initially, I'm only going to offer the stirrup for sale to R10 owners even though it's been fully tested to fit on R26s and R20s. This has to do with fitting the semi-rigid strap to the R26 and R29 which is work in progress thanks to VSarchery. BTW, I will no longer be offering the R26 stirrup extension for 20" arrows because it simply protrudes out too far. The arrow is above the stirrup by at least an inch and only a portion of the broadhead tip of a 20” arrow protrudes past the standard stirrup bar. Hence, the bar can be rested on the ground at an angle and still prevent the tip from getting in the dirt.
It’s also important to note that the stirrup will Not allow your Ravin to fit in a hard case nor will it allow a R29 to fit in the shorter Ravin soft case designed especially for the R26/R29. It will however allow a R26 to fit in the soft case and your R10 will also easily fit in the larger Ravin soft case designed for the R10/R20.

The quiver mount has been tested now on the R26 and R29 thanks to Regohio but we need to build up some inventory. I think some of you will really like this quiver mount. Not only is it easier to use than the Ravin mount but see the pics. below to compare the weights. It’s essentially half the weight which is really important since the quiver mount is in the front of your Ravin.

Many thanks to those who have been patiently waiting for a stirrup. Please just PM me if you would like a Bird stirrup and/or Bird quiver mount.
Also I want to especially thank VSarchery and Regohio for all of their help. The best part of my work in making Ravin accessories is certainly not the money. It’s getting to talk to so many great folks on this forum and working with my wife of 48 years.
Great job Bill I always like how you modify and design new stuff for RAVINS,

·
Registered
130 Posts
Great job Bigbird! I'm always amazed by what you produce! That was a very nice video too. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts