Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A coupla weeks ago I was putting a few rounds thru one of my crossbows. It had been sitting for a while, so I figured I do some shooting with it.

Since my bows are all house bows... they get taken very good care of and don't see car trunks, pickup beds...etc.

I also give them a 'fairly" good once over before I do any shooting.

That said...I'm not exactly sure when this happened but I noticed an "E" clip missing from one cam axle during this shooting session!

Like the title says....give your bows a "good" going over before AND during your shooting.

Mike

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Thanks for the reminder.

Also be sure and check your arrows every time befor shooting , a small sliver or crack can turn into a horror story real quick.

Year befor last while shooting at a target in my back yard with a fairly new top end carbon arrow ,an arrow came apart on the release.
A large part of the arrow hit the target,part fell to the ground in front of me.
Several minutes later I found a sliver of carbon about 3 inches long stuck in the deck railing about 4 feet to the right of where i had made the shot.This was with a 60 lb conventional or upright bow,but non the less ,could have been deadly.
I later remember hitting that busted arrow with another shot several days befor.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Mike said:
Since my bows are all house bows... they get taken very good care of and don't see car trunks, pickup beds...etc.
Mike
Mike, why deprive those poor bows some action? I'm gonna turn you into the crossbow abuse line! House bows. Poor things!

·
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm gonna turn you into the crossbow abuse line!
Well...I have thought about a coupla cats occasionally in my back yard...will that help get me outa trouble?

Mike

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Maybe. As long as they get to go for a ride first in the back of a truck or in a trunk of a car. They need experience! Dust and blood is healthy for them!

·
342 Posts
This goes for anything you hunt with!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts