Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Finally put the Archery Shack string and cables on my R10, and shot the bow for the first time recently...amazing bow! Now I see what all of the hype is about. Kind of spoils you for anything else...but I still don't care for their advertising.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Ive been shooting on quite a bit during the “quarantine”, put 1400+ shots on my first set of Archery Shack threads, just installed second set, 50 or so shots and we are timed and ready, i noticed that not only does the serving wear, but if you continue to use only one arrow, the nock itself wears and becomes loose, thus switching to another arrow, or changing nocks can be a solution to a loose nock fit (on the string serving). Ravin nocks are not that easy to adjust or change-some instruction on that above and beyond what videos Ravin put out would be nice, possibly useful to some.
Steve

·
Registered
659 Posts
Get in the groove for archery season.
Need to stock up on some bolts and a spare scope.
Naturally order couple sets of archery shack strings and cables.
Get in the groove for archery season.
Need to stock up on some bolts and a spare scope.
Naturally order couple sets of archery shack strings and cables.
I've put over a thousand arrows down range since March, Riflenut! Man, your slippin!! :)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Naw,
I ain’t slipping. Been using 17hm2 on squirrels. My shooting form should be pretty good when I pick up the Ravins.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Ive been shooting on quite a bit during the “quarantine”, put 1400+ shots on my first set of Archery Shack threads, just installed second set, 50 or so shots and we are timed and ready, i noticed that not only does the serving wear, but if you continue to use only one arrow, the nock itself wears and becomes loose, thus switching to another arrow, or changing nocks can be a solution to a loose nock fit (on the string serving). Ravin nocks are not that easy to adjust or change-some instruction on that above and beyond what videos Ravin put out would be nice, possibly useful to some.
Steve
Hidden Waters,
Maybe we need a good video on how to reserve an Archery Shack string.
Here's mind after probably about 100 shots on my R9. My R10 has about 150 to 200 shots on the reserved center serving and looks very much the same. In each case, I've reserved them myself and no nock slippage so far.
This is .026 Angel Majesty over .014 Power Grip. You have to serve the center serving good and tight and then use my nock centering tool. I guess I'll have to speak to Jeremy again if you're having center serving issues with AS strings that soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
I am thinking he was saying that occurred on the AS string with 1400 shots, not the new string. Am I wrong?

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Hidden Waters,
Maybe we need a good video on how to reserve an Archery Shack string.
Here's mind after probably about 100 shots on my R9. My R10 has about 150 to 200 shots on the reserved center serving and looks very much the same. In each case, I've reserved them myself and no nock slippage so far.
This is .026 Angel Majesty over .014 Power Grip. You have to serve the center serving good and tight and then use my nock centering tool. I guess I'll have to speak to Jeremy again if you're having center serving issues with AS strings that soon.
I actually did not have center serving issues until i had some 1300 shots on that string, the new one has about 50 and seems good so far!
Steve

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I actually did not have center serving issues until i had some 1300 shots on that string, the new one has about 50 and seems good so far!
Steve
Excellent. I'm so sorry I misunderstood you. No one can complain about a Ravin string that lasted for 1300 shots. It don't get any better than that and I hope you conveyed that info. to Archery Shack.

·
SE VA
12,146 Posts
I won’t be using anything but Archery Shack string’s and cables on my R26. After a couple hundred shots they still look new and NO timing change........a far cry from the string and cables that came on the new crossbow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts