Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Don't lose your faith in crossbows! Unfortunately you got a lemon. I hope you stick with your crossbow or get something more reliable. Crossbows can be a great hunting & shooting tool. BUT only if it works. I would box that bow up & send it back to Barnett with a letter explaining all your issues. I do not own Barnett but many people have spoken highly of their customer service. Unfortunately they get a lot of practice at it! Best of luck & I hope you get back into the woods soon!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Stop dicking around with something you know little about. Go back to Dicks ASP & tell them you want this straightened out now please. Point out that they messed it up the first time & now this. Remind them they were the last ones to fiddle with it. This has to be a factory flaw or Dicks messed it up again. Either way this should not be happening I'd go back to Dicks. Screw that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Guys,

So, I got my Barnett Gamecrusher last Christmas. Never owned a Crossbow so I am brand new. When Dicks assembled the crossbow, they forgot to put the cable Slide on. Needless to say, the string broke after a number of shots.

I FINALLY get the string replaced and the cable slide installed, and now the bow won't cock. I pull the string back and it doesn't lock in place. From researching online, it seems as if the cocking device needs to be reset, but I can't figure out how to do it. I was supposed to use the bow for hunting tomorrow... now I'm stuck.

I cannot find out how to reset this thing.
Take it back have them fix it if your new to this don't try something you don't know anything about you could make it worse

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
Stop dicking around with something you know little about. Go back to Dicks ASP & tell them you want this straightened out now please. Point out that they messed it up the first time & now this. Remind them they were the last ones to fiddle with it. This has to be a factory flaw or Dicks messed it up again. Either way this should not be happening I'd go back to Dicks. Screw that.
Take it back have them fix it if your new to this don't try something you don't know anything about you could make it worse
I guess you guys didn't read the OP last posthttp://www.crossbownation.com/community/threads/about-to-give-up-here-bow-wont-cock.39517/#post-424422

Reactions: dropzone

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try pushing the safety foward and then cock it. The safety has to be in fire position for the bow to cock and it goes to safe when cocked. I hope this helps.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk
This helped me out I got a free crossbow from a family member I couldn’t figure out how to get it to stay drawn back but this did the trick

21 - 26 of 26 Posts