Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing happened.
The shot was louder than hell but other than that there was no apparent damage. Did a complete inspection of the limbs and cams. No splintering, nothing bent.
Have shot it many times since and it still works flawlessly and is still dead-on accurate.
Either I got real lucky or these are well made.
I love this thing!!!

Full disclosure: These have an anti-dry-fire mechanism and I - through sheer idiocy - unintentionally bypassed it to be able to dry-fire it in the first place. Totally my fault.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Amazing!! You should consider yourself lucky!

Reactions: Myles and Myles

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
FYI!
Be aware that ADF system isn't fool proof!
When one cocks the bow if he only brings the string back far enough to hear the latches catch you haven't set the safety/ADR system. You should heard to clicks to fully set it all. I know from experience as I had one for a couple of years. I dry fire it and wondered how I as able to do it with the ADF system. I remember I was trying to make good cocking strokes and not overly pull too hard. That was a mistake. I was able to repeat that process. I notified CP but as far as I know the design remains the same. There is too much gap between the latches and the ADF/safety. One must pull the rope back until travel stops to set the ADF/safety.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts