Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at these last couple of years but there were too many complaints of the rope breaking, is this still happening?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have two different acupros on different bows. One works great and the other will begin to fray after just a few shots. It has been looked at by the local ten point dealer three times and they can't seem see why this happens. The string has been replaced three times also. We finally gave up put the bad one on the Horton vortex and I just cock it by hand. The good one is currently working well on the Shadow.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I have one on my Stealth. Only about 50 times cocking. See no issues yet.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I’m using a replacement and it seems to be holding up. But I look VERY carefully at it EVERY time I cock the xb.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Just a tip!
Waxing the string helps a bunch. Put a little on and rub it in real good. It keeps the string from "welding" to itself when under cocking pressure.

·
Registered
74 Posts
There’s 2 issues I see

1st is the rope staying under the holding screw

2nd is there’s so much tension on my stealth that the cord is fraying on the bolt holes that hold each spool on.
The bolts are countersunk and the edges smooth but with so much tension it’s causing an issue rubbing

·
Registered
74 Posts
I filled my holes with nail polish then tape over that.

then removed the acudraw pro after problem 1 kept happening

going to send it back for warranty then sell it off

I got an acusled and I’m going to get a rope sled also
I’m plenty capable of drawing this bow with out a crank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts