Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first received my Ten Point Shadow NXT last winter I was rather happy with how it shot. A few weeks ago I was shooting it and the forend screw fell out from the bow after a shot. I put some lock tite on it and placed it back where it was supposed to go. Also tightening everything else in the process. I'm now getting very inconsistent groups with flyers here and there. Nikon scope is a on tight. After 35 years of using a vertical bow I'm a newbie to these crossbows. Any ideas to what the problem could be? Yes, my eyes aren't what they used to be, but I can shoot.
Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Ughh! ... That sucks.
JMO... since you have no background...send it in with a call to the rep and include a detailed note for the bench tech.
They are a good company for service and they do care what you are saying about them...so let them service your bow is my opinion. Stay away from local shops and their deviant staff.
I dont like 10 point but I will acknowledge they have good service.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before sending it in I was hoping to try a few things first, especially since we are in archery season here. Normally I would have everything dialed in and ready a while ago. I could handle most anything with my vertical bow. Not so much with this.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
i dont know what to tell you....good nocks and good arrows. Maybe could check your timing on the cams... I have a Shadow NXT and it delivers arrows precisely on target

If the only thing you have changed is tightening those screws,maybe you overtightened?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I'll look at that. Have you been happy with yours? Any other tips or advice I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Like it very much...around 800 shots on it and have only changed the string for maintenance. Shooting Alpha's and Executioners with Slick Tricks. I have NEVER used the cranker once...I rope pull it back...

·
Registered
10,908 Posts
I over tightened a screw on a Scorpyd once and it was spraying arrows all over. I backed off on the screw less than a full turn and it was shooting great again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Backed it out a bit today. Also noticed a bad arrow that was not grouping good. Got rid of it. Couldn't find out what was wrong with it. I'll work on it more tomorrow. Still not where it should be. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took scope off remounted everything. Took shot at 30 yards. Dead nuts. Another shot after was dead nuts again. Then I start spraying all over the place. What's really frustrating is I will get a couple arrows right on and then a group here or there. Frustrated! Shot my Sniper 370 and it puts this Ten Point to shame. My 14 year old son uses it.
Going to go to my local archery shop. See if some of the guys there can help me out. Wasting too much time with it. Have other things to do.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Im starting to think your scope is goofy...

What vanes ? Wondering if they are bottoming out in the rail...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After looking at everything on the crossbow and not noticing anything out of the ordinary. The scope will be the next thing. I'll throw something else on it. Vanes are good. Thanks fellas

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anybody use a Aimpoint Comp m2 on a crossbow. These were used in the military. Built like a tank.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, after bringing it to my local archery shop. They looked at the scope and thought it was off (reticles) a bit. We looked at the timing and whatever else it could be. Brought it home and shot 2" groups at 20 yds and 3" at 30 yds. Not exactly stellar, but no fliers. After the 3rd shot at 30 yds I noticed the serving was unraveling near the rail. Ugh...Done for the day!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Check that. I see above you already said BEEs.
Spine okay?
Did you try shooting the same arrow repeatedly? This approach will help you determine if it's the arrows spraying or the bow-scope.
Get good results with the same arrow then it's the arrows.
If not it's the bow or scope.
Don't forget to use a solid steady rest.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts