Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do some of you have experience with an Excal micro 360 TD on 80y shooting?
I shoot only freehand with my Aculeus and with the Mission sub1.
I would go to recurve because of less wear and easy maintenance, but I hate to compromise on accuracy.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do some of you have experience with an Excal micro 360 TD on 80y shooting?
I shoot only freehand with my Aculeus and with the Mission sub1.
I would go to recurve because of less wear and easy maintenance, but I hate to compromise on accuracy.

I forgot to mention that I prefer hand cocking the bow just because it is fast.
I don't like cranks because I shoot 3 consecutive arrows on our range with a bunch of vertical guys.

·
Crossbow Nut
5,128 Posts
Kris, never shot the 360, but I have a 355 and I can tell you, it's not a paper puncher. It's probably as accurate as any other, but my draw weight scales over 300 pounds. 3 shots in a row will get old fast, whether roped or cranked. Love the bow, but I only shoot it to sight it in, check zero, or at deer.

·
6,261 Posts
Kris,
The original SWAT (Killer Instinct) would likely serve you very well. 165# limbs, easily rope cockable, adequately fast (377-378 with 400g arrow), light, extremely well balanced, easy on serving (over 1,300 shots and string, cables and serving look new), unequaled accuracy , etc..
One state crossbow champion (shoots Sub-1) only hunts with his SWAT and states it’s more accurate. I have an Aculeus 460 all set up as a benchrest crossbow (5x25 Conquest) and test arrows and BHs to 100 yards. It’s extremely accurate and consistent. The SWAT is even more accurate. ‘They can still be found with a hard search: a few stores have 1 left over. After June, a few may show up on trading posts as people buy the upgraded SWAT XP.

I’ve used Excaliburs extensively. The original, long limbed models such as the 200# Vortex are extremely accurate. The Matrix series was slightly less, the Micro series less so yet, especially at over 60 yards. The BD400 was slightly more accurate at 60-100 yards than the M380/405s.
The small, faster Excals need a crank. The SWAT doesn’t. If you need a crank for a SWAT, you probably need to be heading for the emergency room.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kris,
The original SWAT (Killer Instinct) would likely serve you very well. 165# limbs, easily rope cockable, adequately fast (377-378 with 400g arrow), light, extremely well balanced, easy on serving (over 1,300 shots and string, cables and serving look new), unequaled accuracy , etc..
One state crossbow champion (shoots Sub-1) only hunts with his SWAT and states it’s more accurate. I have an Aculeus 460 all set up as a benchrest crossbow (5x25 Conquest) and test arrows and BHs to 100 yards. It’s extremely accurate and consistent. The SWAT is even more accurate. ‘They can still be found with a hard search: a few stores have 1 left over. After June, a few may show up on trading posts as people buy the upgraded SWAT XP.

I’ve used Excaliburs extensively. The original, long limbed models such as the 200# Vortex are extremely accurate. The Matrix series was slightly less, the Micro series less so yet, especially at over 60 yards. The BD400 was slightly more accurate at 60-100 yards than the M380/405s.
The small, faster Excals need a crank. The SWAT doesn’t. If you need a crank for a SWAT, you probably need to be heading for the emergency room.
Thanks Sew for your valuable input (as always !!).
I would like to see a video of the new SWAT XP. I wonder if you need to lift up the cheek piece to cock the bow?

·
6,261 Posts
I hope to get a late prototype or actual pre-production SWAT XP for testing soon. I think you would need to lift it, then down for safety.
KI is going all out to make this crossbow very durable and trouble-free.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please make a video of your tests. I am very curious.
Do they need a test person in the EU to promote their crossbows here as well? I am candidate...
Brussels is in the middle of Europe... You never know if Killer Instinct reads this post :)

·
Registered
BD330/Short308/Woodstock 345/370 /Micro BD335/TT 1,5lbs SingleStage
191 Posts
That is incredibly good, IMO, for the Micro 355 and especially offhand. Do you number you’re arrows so that you can know that any fliers are not an arrow problem?
No, i have no numbers on my arrows. The arrow right down was the first.
But this group was a lot of luck! I was really surprised about this group, this is not a all day group. I have a 1,5lbs Single Stage Triggertech this helps.

·
6,261 Posts
I’m a good shooter. But, not like that. You are really good!I doubt that 4 together like you got is just pure luck. When setting up your crossbow, be sure to totally set it up with the best rests available, best conditions, # your arrows, rotate to the next fletching to try to bring an arrow in, then the next. Cull any bad arrows, etc.. Then with your bow as good as it can be gotten, work on your abilities which are already well beyond virtually all crossbow shooters.

·
Registered
BD330/Short308/Woodstock 345/370 /Micro BD335/TT 1,5lbs SingleStage
191 Posts
thanks for the compliments. I have been shooting regularly for 4 years and use only the best equipment I can get in Germany. I shoot 10m at half inch points in the attic almost every day. I shoot twice a week at the club at 50-70m. this is my training

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This was my best result yesterday. 60m/66yards offhand with the Micro Short 308. I have to click a little bit to the left.
I only shoot in standing position, freehand/offhand (i don't know the right word). View attachment 167236 View attachment 167238
This is more what I was looking for. Very nice shooting, especially given the difficult standing position. Congrats!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This was my best result yesterday. 60m/66yards offhand with the Micro Short 308. I have to click a little bit to the left.
I only shoot in standing position, freehand/offhand (i don't know the right word). View attachment 167236 View attachment 167238
You should participate on Harald's annual Arrowinapple tournament in Pankental near Berlin!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.