Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my Aculeus 460, with ACUdraw, for 2 years Or so and just had new string and cables put on (thanks Jerry!). How often should I change the cord on my ACUdraw? I shoot quite often. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'd say "if it's not broke, don't fix it". That being said, I'd opt to replace it as soon as it begins showing any wear or fraying. If it still looks good 3 years in, I'd replace it regardless just to be on the safe side. The good thing about AD compared to Accuslide is obviously the ability to use a rope cocker when warranted.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
If it is not worn it shouldn't need replacement. The cord on my Aculeus 175 is original. I messed up the one on my 460 so I replaced it after 3 months but both have tons of use.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Somewhere I' d read a number of 700 shots, it should be replaced. I have a look at it constantly, if it's a problem, I would replace it. After one year und 1300 shots I could see a litthe bit of worn, so I replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered a replacement to have on hand. Sounds like I’ll be using it as soon as it comes in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update - the replacement cord arrived today so I decided to swap it out to be on the safe side. I’m glad I did. When I took the cover off to remove the old cord I could see significant fraying where it fastens to the ACUdraw. I waxed the new cord and had it installed in no time. Lesson to be learned is take off the cover to inspect the full cord, not just the part that pulls out.

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
Update - the replacement cord arrived today so I decided to swap it out to be on the safe side. I’m glad I did. When I took the cover off to remove the old cord I could see significant fraying where it fastens to the ACUdraw. I waxed the new cord and had it installed in no time. Lesson to be learned is take off the cover to inspect the full cord, not just the part that pulls out.
They usually fray and break where the cord comes out of the pulley from what I have read on the forums.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts