Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks!
Just a follow-up on a recent post of mine.
I did find a case that fits my Aculeus that is well made and not too expensive.
It is made by 30-06 Outdoors and is called the Cross-Pax. Fits really well, comes with an extra hard case for accessories
and plenty of pockets, aaand... It's available..
Got mine from Bowhunters Superstore..

-Eric

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,327 Posts
Do you have a photo of it ?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I just went and looked at the site. I don't see a case that looks like it will fit the Aculeus. Could you be more specific or post a pic of it? Is it the coffin case? All the other 30-06 cases look like they are for a tradition not reverse draw....

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,327 Posts
I just went and looked at the site. I don't see a case that looks like it will fit the Aculeus. Could you be more specific or post a pic of it? Is it the coffin case? All the other 30-06 cases look like they are for a tradition not reverse draw....
That's what I seen also.... he mentioned something about a Cross-Pax....???

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey folks!
Just a follow-up on a recent post of mine.
I did find a case that fits my Aculeus that is well made and not too expensive.
It is made by 30-06 Outdoors and is called the Cross-Pax. Fits really well, comes with an extra hard case for accessories
and plenty of pockets, aaand... It's available..
Got mine from Bowhunters Superstore..

-Eric
I'm in the market to get one of these bows can you just answer a question. Why do they ask what poundage I want from 130 to 180?
I'm in the 180 ones obviously the one that shoots 480 ft per second right, andthe other ones just lower feet per second?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm in the market to get one of these bows can you just answer a question. Why do they ask what poundage I want from 130 to 180?
I'm in the 180 ones obviously the one that shoots 480 ft per second right, andthe other ones just lower feet per second?
never mind I get it now the 110 goes from 370 feet per second then it goes all the way up from there they're just offering lower speeds

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
30-06 Outdoors Cross Pax
Available at Bowhunters superstore

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
30-06 Outdoors Cross Pax
Available at Bowhunters superstore
I cannot find it on Bowhunters, 6 pages worth of 30-06 stuff.
Searched "30-06 Outdoors Cross Pax" on Amazon and found it, i think:

Walmart has them, too:

Reactions: Martymig

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
never mind I get it now the 110 goes from 370 feet per second then it goes all the way up from there they're just offering lower speeds
Kriss,
I would think of the higher poundage giving you the capability to shoot a heavier bolt instead of shooting the same bolt faster. If you keep the same weight bolt and go to heavier limbs, it will be louder and you will eventually damage your limbs. Just my 2 cents..

-Eric

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I also found this on the 30-06 website..
Model #CPX-1

Eric
Thank you, I wanted to see what it looked like compared to the Allen case I'm using. I really don't like having to use a case at all. I was hoping it was something smaller.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Kriss,
I would think of the higher poundage giving you the capability to shoot a heavier bolt instead of shooting the same bolt faster. If you keep the same weight bolt and go to heavier limbs, it will be louder and you will eventually damage your limbs. Just my 2 cents..

-Eric
Do you think 375 grains is too light for my Scorpyd DS 420? Now I'm worried lol.

·
Registered
Ventilator 175 Extreme Horton Storm. Scorpyd Velocity 165
272 Posts
I wouldn't shoot that light. I know the tendency of manf. has been to list speeds at 375 but that was about the beginning of the increase in limb problems. The lightest I shoot on any setup is 417 and my heaviest is 442. I feel I am probably running on the light side at those.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I wouldn't shoot that light. I know the tendency of manf. has been to list speeds at 375 but that was about the beginning of the increase in limb problems. The lightest I shoot on any setup is 417 and my heaviest is 442. I feel I am probably running on the light side at those.
I'm putting 150s on every one of these deathstalker arrows to make them 425. And for now on I'm going to start shooting the grains the same as the fps of the bow.thx

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm putting 150s on every one of these debtstalker arrows to make them 425. And for now on I'm going to start shooting the grains the same as the weight of the bow.thx
one more thing is there any way to check if there's any problems with my limbs I did the cotton ball thing and everything seems fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts