Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 460 really shoot 460fps with a 400 gr arrow or is that an inflated number using light weight arrows? Also does it have the latest and greatest trigger or has it been changed for the newer models/ Looking at a used one and I didn't follow this ones history much. Thanks for any info..

·
Registered
627 Posts
Mine shoots 466 with a 400 grain arrow. Not sure what year yours is from. Mine has the Gen 7 Nemesis Cams on it. Not sure if this effects speed

Yes they have the good trigger

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine shoots 466 with a 400 grain arrow. Not sure what year yours is from. Mine has the Gen 7 Nemesis Cams on it. Not sure if this effects speed

How can you tell what version of cams you have?

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
Scorpyd uses the same trigger for all their bows. They are one of the best, if not the best crossbow triggers in the industry, so no worries there. The triggers are highly acclaimed. It's just not my opinion.
Take a picture of one of your cams and someone will be able to identify it for you.
The Aculues is just as powerful as the Nemesis. It's true, they may as well call it the Aculeus 480...

·
Registered
627 Posts
How can you tell what version of cams you have?
There is a post on here with pictures of all the Scorpyd cams through the years, every generation, if you search that thread out you can match up the cams. Pretty sure from my research the 460 can only have Gen 6 or 7

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
The Aculeus 480 was available for a long time now. Like July 2019. I was pondering the Deal with 2 cranks for the $ as well.
A few of the 460's shot 460/400. Depends on the limbs you get and, maybe the chrono you use. I think Sew was only getting 430's with his.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts

How many shots have you got on yours and, how's the serving holding up? Yelpy has the same xbow and, before he fell off the grid he was starting to see Nemesis-like serving issues on his.

·
Registered
627 Posts
How many shots have you got on yours and, how's the serving holding up? Yelpy has the same xbow and, before he fell off the grid he was starting to see Nemesis-like serving issues on his.
I'm not positive, somewhere between 75 and 100 I would guess. Serving still looks new. Sew got 1100 shots on his and it still looked good.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Aculeus 480 was available for a long time now. Like July 2019. I was pondering the Deal with 2 cranks for the $ as well.
A few of the 460's shot 460/400. Depends on the limbs you get and, maybe the chrono you use. I think Sew was only getting 430's with his.[/QUOTE]
Are we talking about a 460 or 480? Those numbers are pretty discouraging.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
The 460 and 480 are the same exact bow as all Scorpyd changed was the arrow shot to got the 480 FPS figure. They dropped from a 400 grain test arrow to a 370 grain arrow. They did the same thing between the DS 400 and DS 420.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 460 and 480 are the same exact bow as all Scorpyd changed was the arrow shot to got the 480 FPS figure. They dropped from a 400 grain test arrow to a 370 grain arrow. They did the same thing between the DS 400 and DS 420
ApexerER saig he got 466/400 with his. Doesn't quite jive with what you just said. Seems to be a wide variation in speeds on these things.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"ApexerER saig he got 466/400 with his. Doesn't quite jive with what you just said."
My bad, it makes perfect sense. I read that wrong.

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
I'm not positive, somewhere between 75 and 100 I would guess. Serving still looks new. Sew got 1100 shots on his and it still looked good.
How are you caring for your center serving?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
The difference between 460 and 480 is gen 6 and gen 7 cams. The gen 7 cams allow you to shoot a lighter arrow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts