Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
How are you caring for your center serving?
I am waxing it a lot. I have even waxed it a few times without shooting it. Trying to get the wax into the string rubbing my fingers back and forth on it. Sew sent me his regiment and I am trying to follow it. It sounded like there was no such thing as to much wax so that's what I am going with

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The difference between 460 and 480 is gen 6 and gen 7 cams. The gen 7 cams allow you to shoot a lighter arrow.
So if it is labeled a 480 it must have gen7 cams? Is that a good thing? Any advantage other than shooting light arrows?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Don't know if there's an advantage. I know I have a 460 and get 1000 shots on a string . I put black Lightning on center serving with leather then put it on with fingers every 5 to 10 shots

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
I am waxing it a lot. I have even waxed it a few times without shooting it. Trying to get the wax into the string rubbing my fingers back and forth on it. Sew sent me his regiment and I am trying to follow it. It sounded like there was no such thing as to much wax so that's what I am going with
You dont want the string so thick you cant see the serving but what you do want is for the string to never look like it is dry

What some well intentioned folks dont understand is by burnishing the wax into the string servings you are in a sense anchoring it to the string. So when you apply more every ten shots you give the new wax a base to grab onto

Out of all the strings I have reserved during this testing process and over the last 7 years that I have had here only a handful were cared for properly

If anyone follows Sews process and they dont get at least 1000 shots the fault will be a flaw in the serving itself it wont be because it wasnt cared for properly

Reactions: willyC93

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
Don't know if there's an advantage. I know I have a 460 and get 1000 shots on a string . I put black Lightning on center serving with leather then put it on with fingers every 5 to 10 shots
That's key to your success

Reactions: Rit

·
Registered
627 Posts
You dont want the string so thick you cant see the serving but what you do want is for the string to never look like it is dry

What some well intentioned folks dont understand is by burnishing the wax into the string servings you are in a sense anchoring it to the string. So when you apply more every ten shots you give the new wax a base to grab onto

Out of all the strings I have reserved during this testing process and over the last 7 years that I have had here only a handful were cared for properly

If anyone follows Sews process and they dont get at least 1000 shots the fault will be a flaw in the serving itself it wont be because it wasnt cared for properly
Lol, I don't have so much wax on there you can't see the serving.....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts