Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hated how the quiver was mounted on my Barnett. It caught on everything whenever I was trying to walk through the woods and if I slung it over my back with a sling it would come unlocked and spin off occasionally.

It got to the point I just took a gear tie and tied the quiver to my backpack. I may continue doing this but I have seen some top mount quivers. Is this possible with the Aculeus? If so, what bracket would I need? I would remove quiver in the stand regardless but a top mount quiver running the length of the bow seems like it would work well whether walking through the woods or slung over your back.

·
Registered
9,143 Posts
Only thing I don't like about it is that when I adjusted it to fit my arrows using 100 grain hypodermics an arrow with a field point will not fit in anymore. I ended up carrying three broadhead tipped arrows and a field point in my pocket to use in my discharge target when I got back to the truck. No big deal at all but thought I would throw it out there.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have a Bohning Top Mount, took a 2”
long piece of picatinny rail & mounted that with 2 screws permanently to the right side of my foot stirrup. Then mounted my new 3+2 Scorpyd quiver mount permanently to the Top Mount. This me the perfect set-up and option to remove the entire Bohning Top Mount and Quiver from the Picatinny Rail or just unclamp the quiver quickly in a tree stand and leave the Top Mount Bracket attached. Best thing is when carrying the crossbow with a sling the quiver is totally out of the way or I can put the crossbow in my Tenzing Backpack and everything has total clearance but remains nice & tight. When home in a few weeks I’ll post up a picture.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Bohning Top Mount, took a 2”
long piece of picatinny rail & mounted that with 2 screws permanently to the right side of my foot stirrup. Then mounted my new 3+2 Scorpyd quiver mount permanently to the Top Mount. This me the perfect set-up and option to remove the entire Bohning Top Mount and Quiver from the Picatinny Rail or just unclamp the quiver quickly in a tree stand and leave the Top Mount Bracket attached. Best thing is when carrying the crossbow with a sling the quiver is totally out of the way or I can put the crossbow in my Tenzing Backpack and everything has total clearance but remains nice & tight. When home in a few weeks I’ll post up a picture.
Thanks, I would like to see a pic of what that looks like, sounds perfect!

·
Registered
811 Posts
No vibration and it’s super easy to; 1.)) either remove just the quiver with the Scorpyd clamp when in a tree or 2.) take the quiver off with the Bohning Top Mount attached to the quiver with only the single screw when in a blind. Makes the rig totally functional to still hunt with, carry with a sling or install it on my Tenzing Pack when on my E-Bike. Got it off my scope rail which I really disliked in cAse the quiver ever got bumped to impact my zero.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Thanks, I wound up with a bohning top mount quiver bracket and trophy ridge 4 banger quiver...
BUT,I thought you were done with your set up? LOL See you got all depressed when you THOUGHT you were done for nothing!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BUT,I thought you were done with your set up? LOL See you got all depressed when you THOUGHT you were done for nothing!
Hey now, the quiver and bracket were included in the I think I am done thread. They aren't new.,.lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts